- 60K + Bonus
- Permanent, Full time
- Cambridge Associates Asia Pte Ltd
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
We are hiring for Investment Associates to join the Global Investment Services team in our Singapore office
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,300 employees in nine locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
Investment Associates (IAs) work closely with members of the client teams in providing investment and capital markets research, analysis, and advice to our clients. Each IA generally is responsible for six to eight clients and handles several projects at once. Every IA is responsible for arranging his or her schedule and priorities in order to meet deadlines; however, there is a strong tradition of teamwork and cooperation among members of the Investment Associates Group to help manage the workload. Although the position involves quantitative analysis, there is also a strong qualitative component as IAs work to describe market conditions and relay investment recommendations to clients in written reports.
• Gathering and analyzing clients’ historical asset allocation, spending, and performance data, which could include developing a strategic asset allocation, understanding portfolio geographical and sector exposures and deriving performance drivers/detractors
• Analyzing investment managers’ portfolios
• Writing investment memos related to investment manager recommendations or redemptions
• Preparing exhibits and other presentation materials
• Liaising with the Performance Reporting Group in the preparation of clients’ performance reports
• Answering clients’ questions and requests
• Attending client and investment manager meetings
• A demonstrated interest in investments and the capital markets
• Familiarity with computer databases and spreadsheets, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• A demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Shows good initiative and a curiosity to learn
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, keen eye for detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree (any major) with a record of high academic achievement
• Fresh graduates and individuals with 0-3 years of work experience are welcomed to apply
All applications must include a resume and a cover letter for consideration.