Exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded Private Equity firm as an Investment Analyst in their Singapore office.
JOB DESCRIPTION: INVESTMENT ANALYST
Our Client is a leading pan-Asian private equity fund-of-funds.
Besides focusing on fund investments, the firm has a very active co-investment (direct) and secondaries investments (direct and funds) platform. Managing a multi-billion USD AUM, the firm has established relationships with top tier venture capital, growth capital and buyout funds across the world, especially China, Japan, Korea, India, South East Asia and Australia.
Following a successful recent fund raise, they are recruiting a bright and motivated Investment Analyst to join their investment team based in Singapore as part of its aggressive expansion. The successful candidate will gain deep insight into the Asian private equity industry and a wide range of investment skills by working closely with a team of seasoned private equity professionals.
- Investments – Analysis and due diligence of potential fund investments, secondary investments and co-investments, including preparation of materials for investment committee and team meetings, detailed data analyses and presentation materials, with particular emphasis on the initial quantitative and qualitative review of portfolio companies and funds. Work either independently, or in some cases, with an Associate or Vice President to analyse a fund position. Work with the deal team to prepare and coordinate the execution of NDAs, offer letters, purchase agreements and other legal documentation.
- Portfolio monitoring and reporting – Performance analysis and preparation of investor reports. Prepare commentary and other investment information for annual meetings and regular portfolio review as required.
- Investor Relations – Assist the team with investor events and enquiries. Conduct desk research for marketing, deal sourcing and fund raising.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with Honours
- 1-3 years of work experience gained in a Big 4 Accounting firm, investment bank, PE firm, consulting firm, investment advisory firm or financial institution, with strong transactional experience.
- Evidence of high performance standards in previous position(s)
- Well versed in financial modelling, financial statement analysis, accounting principles, equity markets and equity valuation.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with mastery of Excel and Powerpoint
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Motivated team player with strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task, under pressure with other co-workers, to support multiple senior colleagues
- Willingness to travel within Asia and occasionally to the US and Europe, sometimes on short notice (when global travel opens up after COVID pandemic subsides)
Kindly send your updated CV to Sang-Chin BOH at firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions.