Investment Analyst – Operational Due Diligence
- SGD 60K + Bonus
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Cambridge Associates Asia Pte Ltd
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
We are hiring for an Investment Analyst to join our Business Risk Management (BRM) team in Singapore. He/she will be responsible for conducting operational due diligence reviews of long-only and alternative investment managers.
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in eleven locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
The Business Risk Management (BRM) team is part of the Global Investment Research department. The Investment Analyst – Operational Due Diligence will be part of the BRM team that is responsible for conducting operational due diligence reviews of long-only and alternative investment managers.
BRM’s operational due diligence program involves a comprehensive review of investment manager processes and procedures pertaining to such key areas as operations, compliance, valuation, fund accounting, counterparty-risk management, technology and other support functions. Its primary mandate is to mitigate the risk of financial loss and/or reputational damages resulting from business or operational related issues.
• Focused on investment managers within the Asia-Pacific, support the BRM team with initial and ongoing operational due diligence on investment managers across all asset classes (including Hedge Funds, Private Equity, and Venture Capital)
• Responsibilities include: developing due diligence plans, reviews of managers’ documented procedures, attending onsite meetings with manager leadership teams (COO, CFO, CCO etc.,), coordinating background checks, and preparing written analyses of managers’ business and operational capabilities
• Provide support in the review of external service providers including fund administrators, law firms, auditors, compliance consultants and prime brokers. Prepare written summaries of reviews
• Review and monitor audited financial statements and ongoing operational developments at investment manager firms
• Maintain database of fund operational and vendor data for strategy and peer group analyses
• Coordinate special projects and interact with other analysts, investment research professionals and investment directors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Comfortable working in a flat organizational environment
• Ability to prioritize multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data
• Ability to work both independently and in a team under tight deadlines
• Ability to travel for work (~10%)
• Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
• 2 - 3 years of experience within the financial services industry, preferably in investment fund operations, fund accounting, risk management, auditing of investment products or investment management regulatory/compliance environment
All applicants should submit a copy of their resume AND cover letter.