Internal Audit, Reporting & Analysis, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
As the third line of defense, Internal Audit's mission is to independently assess the firm's internal control structure, including the firm's governance processes and controls, and risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks, raise awareness of control risk and monitor the implementation of management's control measures. In doing so, internal Audit:
- Communicates and reports on the effectiveness of the firm's governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risk
- Raise awareness of control risk
- Assesses the firm's control culture and conduct risks; and
- Monitors management's implementation of control measures
Goldman Sachs Internal Audit (IA) comprises individuals from diverse backgrounds including chartered accountants, developers, risk management professionals, cybersecurity professionals, and data scientists. We are organized into global teams comprising audit professionals covering all the firm's businesses and functions, including global markets, asset management, consumer and wealth management, risk management, finance, cyber-security and technology risk, and engineering, and non-audit professionals comprising data analytics, reporting & analysis, and technology strategy office. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs IA Reporting & Analysis team members demonstrates creativity, attention to details and proficiency in handling data. We look for individuals who have innovative and creative mindsets to adopt analytical techniques to analyze data to derive themes, and present the messages in the presentation in an impactful manner, building relationships and are able to evolve and thrive in teamwork and in a fast-paced global environment.
As part of the Reporting & Analysis team, you will be supporting the IA leadership in the reporting the audit results and themes to the Audit Committee, the Board and various corporate governance bodies. In addition, you may be supporting the IA leadership in preparing the required information to address regulatory inquiries and requests.
You are supporting the IA leadership meet the internal audit standards and regulatory requirements to report to the Senior Management, the Audit Committee and the Board on matters such as the internal audit activities, significant risk exposures and control issues, and other matters needed or requested by them to fulfil their oversight responsibilities. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Role & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Analyst in the Reporting & Analysis Team, you will be involved in the following activities: -
- Assist in the development and preparation of Internal Audit management presentations for the Asia entities' boards, committees and corporate governance bodies
- Regulatory reports
- Liaison with Internal Audit managers across the Asia region including acting as a Reporting team representative in IA project initiatives
- Participate in functional and cross-functional projects as needed
- Utilize Internal Audit applications to respond to ad hoc data requests from senior management
- 2-4 years of working experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. .
- Comfortable with handling large amounts of data, and high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. In addition to English, Mandarin fluency in speaking, reading and writing is a must.
- Project management and organization skills - Ability to prioritize effectively, multi-task and meet competing deadlines
- Team oriented, highly self-motivated and adaptable - Ability to work in diverse and virtual team, and on individual projects
- Think creatively to develop solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in preparing and creating powerpoint presentations to the board, senior management or clients is an advantage
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with data analysis via excel and/or tools such as Tableau is an advantage
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.