Internal Audit Analyst - Explorer Graduate Programme - 2022
The team that protects our business
At Barclays, our reputation means everything. Internal Audit assists the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of Barclays. Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and Executive Management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the International Standards definition of internal auditing. Sound like the place for you? Join us as an analyst to find out. The chance to make an impact
You'll start out with several weeks of intense training, covering product and business knowledge as well as essential skills you'll need for a successful start with BIA. Then you'll begin the first of two 12-month rotations spending time with different audit teams covering a variety of business and functional areas. Along the way you'll build excellent foundational knowledge while getting to know our business and our people. You will be responsible for:
A place where you can thrive
- planning audits, including documenting the scope, process understanding, risk and control identification and testing strategies
- completing audit fieldwork by testing key controls and drawing conclusions about their design and effectiveness
- discussing and agreeing the factual accuracy of audit issues with the audit team
- writing high quality issues and recording management's action plans
- testing to ensure corrective steps have been taken by auditees
- keeping up-to-date with risks, issues and changes across relevant business units
- challenging others, including auditees, where appropriate to make sure the right conclusion is reached
- ensuring all work is carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and Barclays' policies and procedures
- contributing to risk assessment activity.
At Barclays, you'll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders, peers and clients alike. What's more, dedicated programme managers will support and advocate for you throughout the first two years of your career at Barclays.
During the analyst programme, you'll also:
- learn about Data Analytics and apply to your audit work
- participate in formal and informal training designed to give you the knowledge you need when you need it
- receive detailed performance coaching and feedback
- have opportunities to expand your network and develop leadership skills
- take part in citizenship activities, contributing positively to our communities.
As your official programme comes to a close, you'll have a number of career options open to you, including placement into an exciting role right here at Barclays. To be considered for this programme, you must:
Ideally, you would also:
- successfully complete an undergraduate degree between December 2021 - June 2022.
Ready to apply?
- have a GPA of 3.2 or above
- be interested in Internal Audit, managing risk and control of an organization
- enjoy being part of a team and working collaboratively with all colleagues
- be able to manage your time and perform effectively
- have attention to detail and strong communication skills.
Please submit an application through Barclays' online system . Then, submit your resume and cover letter through your school's career management application system if required. Please note that you can apply to only one Barclays graduate programme globally.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.