Insurance Brokerage Specialist
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected] !
Description About GoBear:
Imagine the supermarket of the future. Smart shelves only stock the relevant products a user needs, valuable tips and advice are just a click away, and they enjoy the convenience of a seamless digital checkout. That's us, we are Asia's leading financial supermarket. Our mission is to improve Asia's financial health by making financial literacy, financial inclusion and financial security attainable for everyone!
Reporting directly to the Country Director, you will shape the future of our brokerage offerings in GoBear Singapore. You'll take part in the complete experience as you drive the B2B business development, partner on-boarding, operational process flows and regulatory compliance of the brokerage business. This means you'll work with cross-functional teams across marketing, communications, legal, product development, engineering and more. Our approach is to embrace the strength of our products and pace of innovation to improve the overall customer experience and give our partners a place to add their products.
The ideal candidate has prior experience in general insurance brokerage operations, general and life insurance business development, and is driven to excel in a dynamic start-up environment. What kind of fun will you get up to at GoBear?
- You'll have to lead the shape of the brokerage operations, within regulatory confines.
- You'll be accountable for the success of the full spectrum of brokerage operations.
- This is digital insurance brokerage, so a key part of your job will be to shape and update the operations infrastructure together with stakeholders.
- You'll maintain existing relationships and deepen engagement with existing partners.
- You'll ensure local regulatory compliance in line with regional compliance leadership.
- You'll be instrumental in developing and maintaining the process efficiency between the brokerage business and the Marketplace platform.
- You'll have opportunity to work on offline business development in addition to Marketplace partnerships.
- You'll be required to be hands-on where necessary in day to day operations, while building the team capability. This may include some manual tasks.
- You'll complete ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- You have earned a Bachelor's Degree in finance, business management, engineering or a data analytics related field of study.
- You can communicate effectively and are familiar with the operational and regulatory requirements of an insurance brokerage business.
- You bring in 1-3 years related experience in one or more of the following areas: general insurance, life insurance, web technology, insurance brokerage operations.
- You have extensive knowledge of the local insurance business environment.
- You bring in awesome online/digital experience and ability to project manage.
- You have excellent project management skills.
- Professional qualifications are a bonus - BCP, PGI, ComGI, otherwise required to pass within 3 months of joining.