Instrument and Pricing Reference Data Operations, Analyst
Who We Are:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . What it Means To Work Here:
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture at https://careers.jpmorgan.com/global/en/about-us Business Overview:
Global Reference Data Operations (GRDO) is one of the top priorities across the Chief Administrative Office. Our team will help the company evolve to a more integrated data management strategy, which is globally consistent and usable for business, finance, risk and regulatory requirements. Our processes and systems associated with the production and consumption of reference data are managed by a number of areas, in a variety of ways. As such, the Firm wide Data Management Executive Committee has agreed to establish a centralized technology and operations team that will be responsible for managing enterprise reference data, including the Financial, Instrument, Product, Pricing, Client and Common reference data our businesses and corporate groups rely on for reporting and other purposes.
The Asset Pricing & Reference Data (APRD) utility, a major component of GRDO with over 400 staff globally, services all areas of J.P. Morgan Chase - Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking and the Commercial Bank. APRD provides high quality Pricing & Reference Data to its subscribers from major external market providers such as Bloomberg, S&P, Thomson Reuters under a single operating model. Data is sourced, validated, mastered and distributed via J.P. Morgan's strategic Pricing & Reference Data architecture and is used for trading, risk management, settlement and regulatory reporting. Position Summary:
INSTRUMENT REFERENCE DATA OPERATIONS - are responsible for creating, maintaining and investigating reference data across the firm's strategic instrument reference data platform and various legacy applications acting as guardians of that data and responding to request and queries from the users. Roles & Responsibilities:
• Create new instruments for Equity Derivatives products in Reference Data system
• Update/modify assets based on internal client initiated changes (Middle Office, Trade support, Settlements) or Corporate actions. Regular maintenance of securities that require coupon, rate fixing and/or factor updates on a daily basis from sources like Bloomberg, Reuters etc.
• Perform research through Bloomberg and Reuters to find missing or additional information required to complete set up or maintenance.
• Participate/Coordinate in special projects such as; data clean up, process improvement analysis, metrics reporting
• Plan and prioritize all projects handled by the team.
• Monitor rejects Queue and clears them on a timely basis. Ensuring Checklist, Metrics and EOD activities are completed and signed off.
• Ensuring timely updating/review of SOPs, Issue Logs and Project tracker.
• Handling and monitoring issue and query mails and escalating issues promptly to the Team Leader
• A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
• Flexible work approach - be willing to operate within a shift environment (Potential early and late shift starts)
• Availability to work a share of Singapore Public Holidays. Time off in lieu will be provided for public holidays worked.
• Relationship Management
• College Degree with 2-4 Years of experience in Exchange Traded Derivatives.
• Knowledge of external reference data providers -BLOOMBERG, REUTERS, etc. will be an advantage
• Knowledge of handling various related instrument reference data, Middle office functions - desirable
• Proficient in MS excel
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Flexible and willing to stretch
• Focus on quality and controlled environment
• Attention to detail.