Innovation and Fintech Lead, APAC
Who we're looking for
Schroders is looking to hire an innovation/fintech expert to drive the innovation and fintech activities in APAC. Our global innovation team partners with business and technology stakeholders to understand their priorities and identify opportunities to harness innovation and fintech solutions. We provide insight to senior leadership on fintech and industry trends to help shape future strategy, as well as identifying and launching startup engagements. We also run initiatives to support internal teams with ideas and innovation, such as workshops and hackathons. What you'll do
The skills and experience you'll need
- Build partnerships with business leaders across functions to understand strategic priorities and challenges. These functions include Investment, Distribution, Corporate, Marketing, Wealth and Technology.
- Provide innovation market insight and commentary to business stakeholders to help them shape their strategy.
- Conduct research based on specific priority areas and challenges, to build a view of the startup landscape.
- Conduct high-level initial analysis of startup / solution suitability for Schroders, based on business and technical requirements (often this will be part of an early shortlisting process).
- Facilitate introductions and demos for Schroders stakeholders with relevant startups, where appropriate.
- Build strong relationships with the APAC innovation ecosystem including VCs, accelerators and startups.
- Work in partnership with the business to surface and assess commercial partnership opportunities in APAC markets including Singapore, Hong Kong, Greater China and Australia.
- Attend meetings with external parties such as existing or potential vendors and clients to discuss partnership opportunities.
- Work closely with delivery teams and partners to scope and implement PoCs.
- Liaise with central innovation and strategy teams to ensure coordination between regions, and shared understanding of priorities and existing initiatives.
- Liaise with Technology teams to understand technology roadmaps for different functions, how innovation work fits alongside in-flight initiatives and how emerging technologies could be incorporated into technology strategy.
- Support the development of business cases (including technical costs) of PoC / strategic solution deliveries.
- Provide input to corporate development and M&A decisions.
- Attend events (e.g. demo days and conferences) to keep informed of new and emerging technologies within and beyond the investment management industry.
- Represent Schroders at industry events and conferences as required.
- Facilitate APAC involvement in internal innovation initiatives - this may include hosting workshops or internal demo days to promote a culture of innovation.
- Contribute to a perspective on emerging technologies and their relevance to Schroders, in both the short- and long-term.
How you'll should be like
- At least 5-8 years of expereince working with startups, either within a corporate or startup setting. Ideally has an existing network within the innovation ecosystem.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, to support internal (including at a senior executive level) and external (including at founder/CEO level) relationships.
- Strong understanding of digital strategy and technical concepts.
- Excellent ability to quickly understand business strategy and operating context of functions across asset and wealth management.
- Understanding of the investment management industry and intermediary client relationships.
- Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English language.
- Knowledge and experience of identifying appropriate technology solutions, understanding the difference between in-house-developed bespoke applications and commercially available off-the-shelf solutions
- Self-directed and comfortable operating with a degree of ambiguity.
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Highly collaborative and consultative approach.
- Personable and enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Mindful of differences across geographies / cultures and the need to adapt business approach and strategy accordingly.
- Strategic mindset and ability to distil and collate information from various sources to a cohesive output.
- Communicates with tact and sensitivity, mindful of how information may be received.
- Comfortable facilitating and communicating using both business and technology terms
- Shows initiative and thrives in a fast-paced and time-critical business environment.