Infrastructure Platforms Technical Team Lead
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 22 Apr 19
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. The Singapore GT Infrastructure team provides high quality support, change and project capability for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region, working closely as part of the global team.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Global Platforms Lead APAC, the responsibility of the Infrastructure Platform Team Lead will be to ensure consistent, high quality delivery of Platform Services across the region to agreed service levels; following industry best practices, Group IT standards and local regulatory requirements. Strong technical and people management are required for this role.
- Plan, organise and provide overall production support to ensure stable operation of Enterprise Compute, Storage, Backup & Recovery, Citrix and other approved platform technologies
- Ensure all APAC platforms are patched on a regular basis, coordinating with global peers, country managers and in collaboration with Information Security.
- Operate a continuous improvement process to improve operational processes with colleagues across the globe and help manage the service life of platform components.
- Deliver and maintain standards, procedures, documentation, change control and best practices for all systems.
- Provide daily management to the team and collaboration with global colleagues.
- Contribution to ensuring Platforms are designed, commissioned and operated securely.
- Help to define, implement and improve platform monitoring.
- Maintain appropriate Disaster Recovery of all Platform technologies across region.
- Champion proactive automation of BAU to reduce support workload.
- Contribute to ensuring APAC compliance with global standards whilst ensuring global standards cater for APACs diverse regional requirements.
- Taking part in internal & external audit activities.
- Degree graduate with at least 8-10 years of relevent experience
- Strong technical skills across VMware ESX, Microsoft Windows Server, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and SAN storage.
- Authentication including Multi Factor, Microsoft Active Directory and associated technologies.
- Scripting and deployment technologies such as PowerShell and Ansible.
- Enterprise Backup & Recovery such as Symantec Netbackup and Rubrik.
- Enterprise Monitoring and capacity management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work collaboratively in a regionally focused, global team.
- Enjoys solving problems and multi-tasking
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to operate in a changing environment and take ownership of their work.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Experience managing or actively participate in Change Management processes.