Information Security Incident Response (iRespond)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a talented individual to join a team of information security experts responsible for protecting Firm, client, and employee sensitive/confidential data. The Incident Response team is responsible for managing the detection and reporting of information security and insider threat incidents, supporting all Firm Business Units. The Team coordinates with the Business Units, Legal, Corporate Security and IT to gather incident details, assess risk and assist with remediation, ensuring compliance to regulatory and Firm standards.
The selected candidate will be located in Singapore, working with a global team of information security professionals.
- Serve as the focal point for larger information security incidents including providing awareness and debriefing to senior management
- Manage time-sensitive incidents and investigations requiring follow-the-sun coordination.
- Work closely with other team members to test and document new monitoring tools and/or enhance the existing incident handling procedures
- Work with relevant stakeholders to tune monitoring platforms and data sources to high fidelity alert signals and risk scores
- Participate in cross-departmental tabletop exercises as well as conduct intra-team simulations
- Participate in various projects related to operational improvements and tooling
- Coach less experienced team members on tools, techniques, and risk analysis of insider threat issues
- Provide on call and out of hours support Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field
- Experience in a similar role or working knowledge of Incident Management
- Experience in Information Security, Insider Threat or Data Privacy investigation
- Analytics or SIEM correlation experience, skillset, or background
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Very strong verbal and written English communications skills
- Organized, attentive to detail, with planning and deductive reasoning skillset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and self-motivator
- Working knowledge of incident tracking or case management solutions, and DLP detection products
- Knowledge of internal threat scenarios, exploits and vulnerabilities, and mitigation strategies would be a distinct advantage
- Technical or Information Security Certifications (e.g. CISM, CRISC, CISSP)