Information Security - Application Vulnerability Assessments Analyst
The Info Sec Tech Lead Analyst is a senior level professional position responsible for driving efforts to prevent, monitor and respond to information/data breaches and cyber-attacks. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the execution of Information Security directives and activities in alignment with Citi's data security policy. Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to automate and standardize information security controls and for the supported groups
- Resolve any vulnerabilities or issues detected in an application or infrastructure
- Analyze source code to mitigate identified weaknesses and vulnerabilities within the system
- Review and validate automated testing results and prioritize actions that resolve issues based on overall risk
- Scan and analyze applications with automated tools, and perform manual testing if necessary
- Reduce risk by analyzing the root cause of issues, their impact, and required corrective actions
- Direct the development and delivery of secure solutions by coordinating with business and technical contacts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and software
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute security assessments for multiple agile projects simultaneously and ensure project timelines are met.
- Perform application security testing on various types of applications such as web, APIs (REST/SOAP/Micro services), thick clients, mobile, etc., inclusive of the supporting infrastructure components.
- Utilize Static Application Security Testing (SAST), Interactive Application Security Testing (IAST), and Component Vulnerability Management (CVM) tools such as Checkmarx, Contrast, and Black Duck to uncover additional vulnerabilities during Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST).
- Analyze SAST, IAST, CVM, and DAST tool results to eliminate false positives.
- Leverage application artifacts such as business requirements, user stories, design documents, architecture documents, and others to understand the scope of the agile review. Create targeted security user stories and misuse cases to execute during the agile review by performing threat modeling.
- Collaborate with application teams to ensure that any identified security vulnerabilities are remediated in a timely manner.
- Have the ability to read and understand application source code in order to provide specific recommendations for the identified vulnerabilities to application teams.
- Have strong technical writing and presentation skills to report and articulate security vulnerabilities to technical and non-technical audiences.
Job Family Group:
- At least 6-10 years of experience in security testing performing:
- Application penetration testing including Web, Desktop, API, Mobile
- Source code review preferably in Java or .NET programming languages
- Threat modeling
- A good understanding of enterprise application development using programming languages such as Java or .NET.
- Working experience in agile environments as part of the DevOps team with a very good understanding of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Good understanding of the SAST Tools such as Fortify, Checkmarx and DAST tools such as Burp, AppScan.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management are also essential.
- Must have a strong understanding of ethical hacking methodologies, frameworks, and industry resources, e.g. OWASP, OSSTMM, NIST publications, SANS/CWE, among others.
Technology Job Family:
Information Security Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting