- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Information ArchitectAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Define, develop and implement the strategy and methods by which SCB TS acquires, analyzes, governs and manages its information & data assets.
Develop & refine information flows and data models.
Work with stakeholders to provide value to Business Users and meet hosted application go-live and release deadlines.
Map complex interdependencies of business requirements, including security, governance, risk and compliance, to information flows and data models.
Work with other information architects & stakeholders to build an Information Architecture for SCB TS (Technology Services).
Be an evangelist of Information Architecture.
Identify new business opportunities available through more effective and creative use of information & data.
• Understand Standard Chartered Bank IT Operations, Software Development, Release Management, Business Continuity policies, processes, methodologies
• Provide strategies and hands-on skills to standardize how data is sourced, integrated and consumed across the enterprise
• Help drive the governance of the company's data and information assets
• Establish and promote effective processes and a culture for strong data/information quality
• Develop new data/information assets to support company strategies
• Collaborate with other teams to make sure the optimal data architecture and technology systems are in place to create an environment that makes data and information accessible with appropriate access controls
• Communicate technical concepts in clear and established terms using appropriate channels, off-line and on-line collaboration methodologies
• Combine conceptual thinking and hands-on support for prototyping, PoC work, delivering examples.
• Work closely with Engineering teams and close gaps in value chain between components of IT solution and business users.
• Identify and propose new Information Architecture capabilities that are relevant to empower SCB's business growth.
• Engage effectively with external partners, vendors and open source foundations.
• Help drive adoption and value realization leveraging the Cloud Infrastructure Services platform and digital capabilities.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Experienced in highly-regulated financial industry: activities, concerns, terminology and architectures.
• Experienced in data analysis and design
• Experienced in financial industry or other highly regulated environment.
• Particular experience with several of: master data management, data warehousing, business intelligence, business performance management, predictive analytics, data quality or data governance
• Experience maintaining an enterprise data dictionary and resolving redundant or conflicting definitions
• In-depth knowledge of enterprise conceptual and logical data models and dimensional and other reporting-based data model types
• In-depth knowledge of information architecture, data integration design patterns, data virtualization, information as a service, BI cloud computing
• Familiarity with big data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce and/or HBase
• Familiarity with data extract, transform and load processes
• Experience data modelling and process modelling skills at conceptual, logical, and physical levels utilizing one or more market-leading software tool(s)
• Experience with data analysis of large-scale databases
• Experience in Graph Databases, or other semantic modelling tool
• Hands-on Continuous Integration experience using Jenkins Pipelines, Git
• Experience of RESTful or GRPC web services deployments, including A/B testing
• Experience in one of the following web application development technology: Java/Python/NodeJS/Golang
• Experience with AWS, Stratos Cale or other cloud technologies
• Experience with kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, or other schedulers
• Experience in Infrastructure as Code deployments
• Master's degree in business administration, Computer Science, engineering or related field.
• 3+ years' experience in data / information field.
• 2+ years' experience in Infrastructure Architecture.
• Experience working in agile delivery methodology.
• Ability to manage priorities independently, re-prioritizing work to effectively deliver results to both business stakeholders and technical staff.
• Ability to thrive in collaboration-oriented, multi-location environment.
• Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and present solutions.
• Excellent written & oral business communication skills with high proficiency in English.
• Mindset of continuous learning and innovation.
Knowledge of the following areas would be an advantage:
• Proven experience in large-scale deployment for Cloud Infrastructure.
• Proven experience of test-driven software development in web applications.
• TOGAF, Archimate or other relevant professional architecture certification.
• Proven track of large-scale solution design in cloud infrastructure under change control
• Proven track of test-driven software development in web applications
• VMware Certified Advanced Professional specialization
• OpenStack & Terraform
• Track of annually renewed PMI Continuous Certification Requirements (AGILE/KANBAN/SCRUM)
• Amazon Certified Solution Architect Professional level or Google Certified Cloud Architect level
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.