Index Calculation Specialist - One vacancy in Singapore – Full-time position
- Permanent, Full time
- EDHEC Scientific Beta
- 23 Apr 19
With offices in Boston, London, Nice, Singapore and Tokyo, Scientific Beta is a fast growing smart beta index provider. Its academic origin provides the foundation for its strategy: offer, in the best economic conditions possible, the smart beta solutions that are most proven scientifically with full transparency of both the methods and the associated risks.
As of December 31, 2018, assets tracking Scientific Beta smart beta indices reached USD 43bn corresponding to one-year growth of 72%. Scientific Beta has a dedicated team of 52 people who cover client support, development, production and promotion of its index offering.
To support the development of our business activities and reinforce our operations team, we are looking for an Index Calculation Specialist, motivated to join a team delivering high standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
Index Calculation Specialist
One vacancy in Singapore - Full-time position
- Run the daily index calculations (Tuesday to Saturday) ensuring data accuracy (monitoring and analysis of automated alerts, data discrepancy analysis and resolution, reporting) up to the delivery to our customers and third parties.
- Validate information related to corporate actions (this includes, but is not restricted to: collection of event announcements, analysis of their qualitative and quantitative contents, cross-check of underlying data between all possible alternative sources, liaise with data vendors).
- Prepare implementation of the corporate actions within the equity indices, accordingly to existing in-house processing and index calculation methodologies. Participate to methodology enhancements to keep corporate actions events replicable and in line with market practices.
- Take part to the client support for all index replication questions and participate to new clients on boarding process.
- Participate to the periodic universe review and associated research on data inputs.
Experience and education:
- Proven experience of at least 3 year in index maintenance, either within the international replication business of an asset management company or, ideally, with an index provider.
- More generally, experience in equity portfolio or index valuation is required: this includes data cleaning and reconciliation across different data sources, price adjustments calculation and performance calculation.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in finance, accounting, engineering or IT related fields.
- Expertise in corporate actions treatment and their impact in an index or portfolio.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Proficiency in financial data electronic services (e.g. Bloomberg, T.R. …).
- Familiarity with spreadsheet product and proficiency in data management and associated research.
- You are able to work autonomously while respecting the established methodology.
- You are a focused individual, motivated by the prospect of providing our customers with quality service every day.
- Written and spoken English is essential.
Your salary will be determined according to the EDHEC pay scale, based on your qualifications and previous prior experience.
For more information about ERI Scientific Beta, please visit www.scientificbeta.com or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRL91F-LvhLPc9M9OD7LQgA
To apply, please click the Apply button below.