Incident Manager - IT Service Management
The candidate will be a part of the BOS - IT Service Management team that is responsible to implement and enforce the adoption of Incident Management processes for the relevant teams within IT organization. The Incident Manager will work closely with various IT teams in terms of the "command and control" of major incidents impacting the bank. The candidate is also expected to provide recommendations for service improvement plans, identifying the areas of improvement in process and ensuring widespread adoption of the processes.
The main responsibilities of the candidate are:
• Play the key role in collaborating with other IT teams in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery.
• Enforce governance across all areas of services particularly on incident management.
• Responsible for the facilitation, communication and recovery of major incidents impacting the delivery of IT services to the bank.
• The Incident Manager will be part of the BOS - IT Service Management team that provides end-to-end Incident Management coverage for Major Incidents during office hours as well as on-call cover during out-of-office hours, weekend and public holidays. The Incident Manager will also be involved in Cyber Security, Risk and Regulatory issues (arising from technology incidents), Reporting as well as Audit requirements.
• Enables the organization to mitigate and prevent client and operational impact, through efficient and effective planning, and Incident Management operation activities, following a best-practice approach.
• Acts as a focal point for all escalation and communication activities related to client and IT team to ensure service recovery in a timely manner. Highlight and Escalates risks and issues to management.
• Implement the Incident Management process activities across the various IT functions within the organization.
• Building a collaborative relationship with internal stakeholders, business management, and IT management.
• Responsible for all Incident Management and audit-related requests / issues.
• Escalates risks and issues to management
• Backs up as a Problem Manager as required. Call and chair Post Mortem Review meetings following Major Incidents; issue a written Post Mortem report to IT management; ensure Post Mortem actions are completed in a timely manner.
• Min 8 years of hand on experience in ITSM practices.
• At least 8 years of information technology experience including prior, strong experience in Major Incident Management and Problem Management. Has an excellent understanding of IT Service Management (Service Operations focusing on Incident and Problem Management)
• Financial technology background experience, ideally from a Private Banking perspective.
• Strong ability to work under pressure and systematic / analytical thinking are required.
• A strong team player who takes ownership of issues and problems for close follow up in the respective areas.
• Robust stakeholder management skills, with good verbal, interpersonal and written communications. Proficient communication skills (spoken and written) in direct customer facing with users at different levels - get things done, make things happen. Can demonstrate effective influencing skills in support of driving consistent application of standards across a global IT function.
• Track record of driving improved operational performance through the application of standards and process.
• Proven ability to build & develop high-performing teams and capability