IT Services Manager
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater. What you will do
Responsible for managing an information services group, including conducting the performance management process and providing input for staffing and disciplinary actions. Manages an information services product or service including LAN/WAN network management, multi-data centers networking, firewall, IPS, VPN, VOIP, video and voice technologies, operating systems, database/storage systems, personal computer, and data security technology. Managing the Singapore data centers including remote APAC server room operations. Coordinates projects including determining resources, recommending strategies, and developing an implementation plan for Asia offices.
• Manages an information services group. Conducts the performance management process, provides input for hiring and disciplinary actions, and provides hands-on training to staff including remote staff.
• Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
• Acts as a technical resource; trains junior staff; assists staff with resolution of complex issues and exceptions.
• Coordinates projects, including determining resources, recommending strategies, developing implementation plans, and preparing status reports.
• Monitors progress of systems projects, providing technical guidance and assistance. Keeps partner area updated on project status.
• Interfaces with partners in various business areas to determine their needs for information services products and services and to develop solutions to obstacles presented.
• Assists in determining short and long term technology needs and helps to develop a strategy for information services and products.
• Reviews and negotiates vendor contracts. Maintains vendor relationship to keep current on industry developments, trends, and applications.
• Oversees the consulting, acquisition, implementation, and support of PC, LAN/WAN network management, multi-data centers networking, firewall, IPS, VPN, VOIP, video and voice technologies operating systems, database systems, storage systems, VM, personal computer and data security technology.
• Managing the Singapore data centers including remote server room operations in the APAC locations.
• Provides the design, development, and implementation of information security policies, procedures, and guidelines and facilitates the communication of bank security policies.
• Manages programs to support risk management and compliance objectives
• May coordinate the activities of the section with other sections. May be involved in review of other specialists.
• Contribute to regional and global objectives in areas such as resiliency studies and design guidelines.
• Work hours Mon-Fri and expects to work off hour including weekend for project implementation or migration.
• Require off hour standby support Your skills and qualifications
• Knowledge of networks, database or operating systems, PC, LAN/WAN, wireless, firewall, Silver Peaks, IPS, VPN, VOIP, video and voice technologies, VM, database, storage devices, and information security technology.
• Understanding of the different DC capacity management tools.
• Understanding of IT systems, data center layouts, cabling systems, and IT device lifecycle
• Leadership and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals and
to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
• A good team player who can develop and maintain good relationship with colleagues, professionals and clients.
• Negotiation skills are needed to review vendor contracts.
• Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail
• 12-15 years technical experience in including LAN/WAN, Wireless network management, multi-data centers networking, firewall, IPS, VPN, VOIP, video and voice technologies operating systems, VM, database systems, storage systems, personal computer and data security technology.
• Good experience in Infrastructure services management, preferably within mission critical environments Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
• Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
• Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America's best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.