- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
IT QuantAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be the part of a start-up team building an innovative platform leveraging data, analytics to drive automated decision-making, smart automation across the full lifecycle of the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, start-up minded, strong and passionate developer to participate and contribute to a paradigm shift. We want People driven by the mission!
The successful candidate is expected to be an experienced developer in building critical low-latency/data-analytics driven solutions in investment banking/hedge funds/technology companies (low-latency trading systems or AdTech sector). This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• You've built something exceptional you can showcase - demos/github/detailed explanation etc..
• Strong knowledge of equities, bonds electronic markets and standard market making strategies
• Strong financial knowledge - to ease integration of quants libraries
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong algorithm design and implementation background
• Strong knowledge in data structures
• Strong experience handling a vast amount of data
• Strong modelling background from raw data to a building for production fast predictive / explanation models
• Strong knowledge of statistics, data-analysis / machine learning / recommender engines concepts
• Proficient in a major language C# or Java and C++ for specific routines/algos
• Technical knowledge in a no-SQL / doc / columnar DB such as mongoDB, kdb, shell scripts in Linux/Unix and/or windows-based environments
• Experience in low latency, real-time, scalable systems, systematic trading, targeting / recommender systems, garbage collector, queuing, scheduling, complex events processing (CEP)
• Understanding of modern architecture/designs - micro-services/API-first development/high-throughput/event-driven/agent-based system, compositional frameworks
• Understanding of software development lifecycle
• Some knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
Our Ideal Candidate
Others desirable skills/knowledge:
• Ability to think "Product/platform" with a strong alignment with expected business outcomes/journeys
• Ability to scope minimum viable functionalities for quick and iterative/incremental deliveries - this is a must for the candidate
• Knowledge and some practical experience in modern dev-ops - CI/CD, containerization, orchestration
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Proactive, self-starter, autonomous Self-motivated, multi-tasking, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, solution oriented with proven results
• Good team spirit
• Extreme curiousness
• This is a very demanding role which requires a start-up/entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work fast, efficiently, under pressure on multiple deliveries
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.