Responsible for IT Infrastructure project management encompassing: project design, build, integration, test phases, and subsequent Operational Run functions for Insurance IT. Manage internal and external service providers to ensure On Time / Cost and to the right Quality level, for project build and associated delivery functions.
Impact on the Business
- Drive Senior Management awareness and engagement around IT Infrastructure and associated delivery functions
- Ensure a highly available and flexible IT Infrastructure Platform is implemented via the Delivery Function, to enable business Agility
Customers / Stakeholders
- Drive IT Infrastructure and associated DevSecOps delivery maturity
- As required manage Senior Stakeholders during Major IT Infrastructure project upgrades
- Delivers IT Infrastructure solutions, on time and to budget to improve Agility of the IT Asset
- INS escalation point of contact for ITID related delivery such as End User Computing and Data Network delivery
Leadership and Teamwork
- Manage thematic reviews / investigations / compliance reviews in response to internal or external IT Infrastructure events
- Drive governance and reporting standards for IT Infrastructure
- Seen as a Subject Matter expert within the scope of this role, and uses this to empower and grow colleagues and team members
Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Drive issues and actions management, along with remediation activities
- alignment to improve Infrastructure delivery against cost, quality and time metrics
- Ensure IT Service Acceptance processes are rigorously followed to ensure high service availability for new services are achieved Day One
- Ensure IT Infrastructure Design is aligned to WPB standards and patterns to ensure cost effective solutions aligned to Business Requirements are delivered
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in large scale project management.
- Able to demonstrable expert knowledge in IT Infrastructure Delivery and management, ideally within Insurance or Financial Services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to a wide range of individuals, and groups, and at different levels of seniority
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification is preferred.
- Self-starter and effective collaborator. Innovative and able to assess needs and propose solutions
- Good understanding and or experience in the following:
- IT Infrastructure – On Premises Core and Cloud based IT Platforms
- Project Management Delivery experience for IT Infrastructure component layers, preferably on telecommunication or data centre facilities.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps, CI:CD or Cloud within Insurance or Financial Services, a distinctive advantage