The Recon developer reports under a Platform Asia Chapter located in Singapore working as part of a multi-cultural global Recon Platform Squad.
As part of a DevOps squad, the role will participate in the software development life cycle which includes maintenance of existing code base, testing and resolving issues. The role also includes participating in IT Risk Management activities. The role is responsible to understand and analyze business requirements, develop solutions, documenting technical/functional designs and preparing the test cases. And to provide expertise in software development , best practices and to guide/coach junior colleagues. Responsibilities
- Design and develop scalable solutions to meet the business requirement.
- Ensure high code quality, high test coverage, with clean coding practices.
- Propose technical solution and recommendation.
- Perform technical gaps analysis, vulnerability remediation and performance improvement.
- Document logic and technical design of solutions
- Maintain and improve existing MS Access VBA applications and macros.
- Perform L2 or L3 production support and other ad hoc tasks
- Perform patch & vulnerability management and maintenance of Windows and Database Servers.
- Plan and coordinate major releases or activities like Disaster Recovery tests.
- Fast learner and have interests to learn new technology stacks / frameworks as needed
- Ensure that applications are compliant to the IT Risk Management Standards. Qualifications
- at least 3-5 years of software design and development experience.
- Proven track record of designing and delivery of application solutions.
- Hands on programming experience with C#.Net, VBA, Python, MSSQL
- Strong SQL & RDBMS skills, able to design and optimise database schemas.
- Experience in .Net Technologies like WPF & Prism is a plus.
- Practical working experience in continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience in performing L2 or L3 support on production application.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses a take it on and make it happen attitude, proactive and a good team player.
- Must be passionate in IT and continuously seeking to improve skills.
- Knowledge in Financial Markets products is a plus.
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure, Git, Team Foundation Server, JIRA, and Confluence is a plus.