IT Business Analyst
The Business Analysis Manager is an intermediate management-level position responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to continuous iterative exploration and investigation of business performance and other measures to gain insight and drive business planning. Responsibilities:
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives for complex projects and foster communication between business leaders and IT
- Consult with users and clients to solve complex system issues/problems through in-depth evaluation of business processes, systems and industry standards and recommends solutions
- Support system change processes from requirements through implementation and provide input based on analysis of information
- Consult with business clients to determine system functional specifications and provides user and operational support
- Identify and communicate risks and impacts, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Act as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts and work as a team to achieve business objectives, performing other duties and functions as assigned
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience on Vision plus or Credit cards projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst in Credit cards domain.
- BA/Agile certifications or experience is required.
- Commercial Cards business knowledge a significant plus
- Experience in working on a large-scale global projects.
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- Excellent functional and product solution/design skills on Core Credit Cards Vision plus modules.
- Experience in delivering Solution Design, Process flows, UI wireframes
- Good knowledge on end to end cards features and across all applications
- Excellent documentation skills in preparing business requirement, functional specs/design, use case, functional flow documents and other techniques commonly used within Business Analysis world.
- Knowledge of database concepts, PL/SQL
- Experience with SDLC methodologies and structured systems analysis and design
- Capable of knowledge gathering / reverse engineering existing functionality of application platforms through interaction with users and technical teams
- Communicating functionality and requirements effectively to development and testing teams
- Lead / support functional design preparation and review with technology teams
- Assist testing teams in preparation and reviews of functional test scenarios
- Proven interpersonal, collaboration, diplomatic, influencing, planning and organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to effectively use complex analytical, interpretive and problem-solving techniques
- Proven relationship management skills to partner and influence across organizational lines
- Demonstrated ability to be work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines with proactive, decisiveness and flexibility
- Must have extensive experience in BA tools & Microsoft tools, i.e., JIRA, Confluence, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint etc
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:
- Experience of developing teams of permanent employees and vendors.
- Requires Strong Stakeholder Management experience to drive discussions between Business, Solutions, Operations and Application Teams.
- Ability to build a comprehensive understanding of project stakeholders, subject matter, and priorities
- Leadership and strong communication skills
- Flexible to work across different Time zones supporting stakeholders across LATAM, EMEA and ASPAC regions.
- Strong customer service focuses with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and functional.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Managing time and changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to provide quick turnaround to software issues and management requests
- Ability to assimilate key issues and concepts and come up to speed quickly
Technology Job Family:
Business Analysis / Client Services Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting