- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 22 Mar 18
IT Application Services -System Analyst (Payment)
IT Application Services -System Analyst (Payment)The position requires problem recognition, troubleshooting, prioritization of steps, resolution, and implementing recommended solutions to meet the defined SLI. The role is required to provide production support for multiple payment applications. This includes investigation into complex application and/or interface issues, understanding the problem and identifying/recommending the appropriate action to resolve them. The candidate will also require co-ordination with both internal and external teams to understand the cause and help resolve the issue.
The candidate should be motivated to work in fast-paced, fast-growth environment where many changes take place routinely. The candidate will expect to work with a diverse team of system analysts, system engineers, database administrators and developers, for providing application architecture, reliability, data architecture, reporting fulfilment, and operational support.
- Undertake Business-As-Usual responsibilities in supporting Remittance Systems, and/or SWIFT suite of applications (SWIFTAlliance Access, SWIFTAlliance Gateway)
- Work with users and vendor on issues, follow up and resolution for Payment systems.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify and resolve root cause of a problem.
- Perform due diligence when taking over from project teams into BAU mode.
- Manage the BAU Software Release cycles.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity exercises
- Provide on-call support and afterhours/weekend support as needed, covering application support and application change deployment.
- Perform system review and propose improvement and prevention measures on current systems.
- Have a quality mind-set with prevention attitude to attain zero defects
- At least 5 years of IT experience with knowledge of SWIFT systems
- Technical hands-on knowledge in maintaining and manage changes on SWIFT suite of applications
- Self-motivated and possess drive, and ability to work independently and a good team player
- Must be technically competent to provide technical advice to the team and to be involved in minor software changes occasionally.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis of production problems and provide quick service recovery if required.
- Experience in managing Software Release cycle.
- Essential to have a can do attitude to work under multi-tasking environment.
- Strong understanding in banking and back-office operations related to Cash Management and Payment
- Good Communication Skills.