- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
ION Platform specialist
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
ION Platform specialistAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Financial Markets E-Trading has defined an exciting strategy and aggressive product roadmap. The FM E-Trading Development Team is a specialist team responsible for the design and development of a proprietary set of systems that differentiates the Bank in its core markets. E-Trading systems are aimed at numerous customer markets including external customers via the internet, sophisticated customers via API/point-to-point connectivity, internal users trading on behalf of customers around the globe and providing connectivity into multi-dealer platforms.
ION is a key component of this system providing pricing and trading integration for D2D and D2C markets, primarily for the Rates and Credit eTrading businesses. We are looking for a hands-on ION platform specialist to help architect and upgrade our ION platform.
• Hands-on configuration, integration and testing of ION eTrading components
• Platform re-engineering to provide a stable and maintainable platform for the business
• Direct engagement with business stakeholders in Trading, Sales and COO teams.
• Implement changes and upgrades to the ION MarketView pricing and eTrading platform.
• Ability to provide L2 Production support
• Coordinate and organise changes with external vendors, markets, ECNs and infrastructure teams
• ION topology tuning to create and maintain a high-performance platform
• Writing documentation, user guides, regular demos
• Performing user verification testing with various groups during project go-live
• Ability to run projects end to end without monitoring
Skills & Experience
• Strong hands on experience of ION MarketView. Detailed knowledge of MMI .NET, D2C & D2D Connectivity Gateways, TOMS, PXE, REFDATA, VMO, MMS, Run List Manager, Post Keep and PTV
• Experience of ION perimeter and RTD monitoring and tuning
• Experience of platform re-engineering, tuning and ION failover setup.
• Knowledge of Fixed Income trading environment in Rates and/or Credit businesses
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to effectively interact with business stakeholders.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including pricing and trade capture issues.
• Linux experience including shell scripting
• Experience of using source control systems, GIT would be an advantage.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
• Constantly challenging and seeking ways to improve platform consistency and maintainability.
• Automate/build tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform.
• Development in Java using ION API would be a strong advantage but this is not a java development role.
Please apply now .