IMS Operations, Associate 2
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
State Street Overall Objectives: This is a varied position with a high level of responsibility within the Client Servicing team, within Investment Manager Services (Asia Pac Region). This Client Service A2 will act as the primary contact point for all local IMS clients. The team
This is a varied position with a high level of responsibility within the Client Servicing team, within Investment Manager Services (Asia Pac Region). This Client Service A2 will act as the primary contact point for all local IMS clients. The team is responsible for monitoring service delivery to clients, proactive management of service issues, and the resolution of all client initiated queries.
The characteristics of this role are:
- Provide a high standard of client servicing / support to our clients
- Embrace State Street’s “corporate values” and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Effectively communicate with clients, custodians, managers, and peers within State Street.
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate dedication to group and company goals
- Demonstrate professional maturity and effective time management
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and reach sound conclusions
- Be a key contact for the client in escalations and complex market questions
- Ensure all client inquiries are logged and resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Monitor client inquiry trends and recommend remedial actions that will improve ongoing client satisfaction
- Establish strong working relationships with the client and the internal operations teams providing services for local clients
- Ensure all daily and monthly services are delivered in accordance with relevant client SLA’s.
- Produce monthly MIS/KPI reporting across all clients
- Participate in monthly client service reviews
- Project initiatives – involvement with regards to future automation within the department as a whole, with a direct objective of increased efficiency, accuracy and productivity.
- Contribute to team initiatives around audit and risk management
- Track daily activities and generate reporting for management review.
- Assist Operations Team Leader with complex client relationships/requests.
- Cross training across all Client Service functions in the team.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Attention to detail
- must be responsible and take ownership of all allocated tasks
- must be organised and able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines showing a demonstrated ability to handle multiple activities and prioritize work effectively.
- must be pro-active and a problem solver
- must demonstrate highly professional behaviour when dealing with all key stakeholders
- must be flexible, often dealing with ad-hoc queries from clients.
- must demonstrate an understanding of the risks involved in the processes and reflect this in their approach to work prioritisation
- a team player
- willingness to learn
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven track record in a client service environment and/or operations/direct lending based experience with some client contact, with a minimum 2 years client service experience.
- Solid understanding of the Investment Management industry, with a minimum 2 years industry experience
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Good understanding of State Street operations - technical, systems, policies and procedures - is an advantage
- Finance or Accounting degree would be of benefit