Human Resources - Total Rewards, O&T APAC, Singapore franchise & ASEAN - Director
The Comp & Benefits Func Group Mgr manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations. Typically, a direct report to an C16 role and sits on the highest functional leadership team within a region,, or global business. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and executing the firm's reward strategy.
- Manages the key areas of reward, benefits and pensions and liaise with third parties to develop a consistent best practice approach.
- Ensures that reward practices are compliant with the relevant regulatory recommendations and requirements are also covered in this function.
- Directs and controls strategy and execution of the firm's activities within a major infrastructure area.
- Recommends objectives, policies, and plans for these areas with the most senior executives of the firm, partners with the revenue areas to improve efficiency, effectiveness, productivity and / or control and is typically a key member of the firm's management team who represents the firm in dealings with clients and external bodies.
- Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business.
- Leads and manags a staff of Compensation & Benefits professionals, with direct accountability for hiring and organizational structure. Direct oversight for compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc. Provides input on performance and compensation recommendations for staff and utilities that provide related services on a matrix basis.
- Oversees all staff within the relevant infrastructure area.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years' managerial experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Proactive leadership and motivational skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred; managerial experience
This is a senior leadership role within the Rewards and Mobility team for APAC, with responsibility for leading the Rewards Team in APAC, and ASEAN Country teams to ensure consistent and competitive compensation policies and practices are applied; consult with internal clients, both regionally and globally, on strategy and execution rewards programs, market data and job levels; provide day-to-day support to HR team; and drive critical compensation-related projects as required.
- Job will manage and provide day-to-day compensation advisory and support to HR Advisors and Senior Business Leaders across O&T, Singapore franchise and ASEAN countries
- Lead compensation projects across O&T APAC (approx. 30,000 staff) related to policy/process standardization; systems enhancements, pay structures, communications, etc.
- Take a lead role in coordinating global rewards projects across the region.
- Manage a team of compensation specialists located in APAC.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide HR partnership/consultation on compensation and related issues including hires, job reviews, market data, year-end process and Covered Employees.
- Partner and consult with HR Advisors and/or directly with clients, HRPS, HRSS and to implement and deliver projects.
- Apply technical expertise to partner with Regional HR, Country C&B teams and business on compensation principles, practices, strategy and process with potential for broad business impact.
- Design and implement plans and compensation programs, policies, and procedures and ensure compliance with Citi policies and local regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as tax, legal, finance, treasury and technology.
- Negotiate internally, often at a senior level and may engage in external communications.
- Manage multiple projects across multiple workstreams for O&T comp team and as needed across APAC for the wider Rewards team.
- Actively manage and coach team of 9 direct reports to ensure career development and succession planning.
- Proactively contribute to global standardization initiative and drive CoE development objectives.
- Prior work experience (7-10 years) including compensation and experience with interaction and presentation of compensation topics with senior management.
- Strong experience working in a role interacting with multiple countries and partners regionally and globally and experience in financial services.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in technical area, finance or business management/economics or HR (Master's degree preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills; including working with senior management
- Ability to influence key stakeholders across the region
- Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural issues and commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion
- Able to work independently (limited in-person interaction)
- Ability to proactively drive and lead change while keeping staff engaged
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid business acumen
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Customer service orientation
- Flexible demeanor and the demonstrated ability to work as a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated Project Management ability
- Excel (Advanced)
- MS Access (Intermediate - Preferred)
- Word (basic)
- PowerPoint (Intermediate)
- HRMS knowledge (e.g. PeopleSoft, Workday)
- Management Experience (preferred)
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .