The Role Responsibilities
Governance and Strategy
- Financials (Budget, Forecast, Actuals & Capitalization)
- Revise the budget plan based on 90-day approved funds and obtain the approval from portfolio team in clarity
- Ensure to analyze the monthly financial postings and work with PO and document the reasons for underspend and overspend. Share the monthly financial view to Hive manager
- Work with PO to understand the upcoming month forecast details and ensure to revise the clarity forecast plan accordingly
- Provide the financial details to PO to trigger the Capitalization for every customer go-live
Resource, Procurement and Delivery milestones
- Ensure effective governance by aligning all artefacts and assurance deliveries to the standards and policies (nWoWS, CGP)
- Regular tracking of CSTs
- Ensure GRAM assessment is completed for all Initiatives and report to RF
- Ensure CRA is completed for all production rollouts (MVPs)
- Ensure PO attests all pre go-live and post go-live as per the assurance framework
- Ensure clarity has clear go-live milestones to indicate the customer go-live
- Ensure impacted applications and processes are documented in JIRA and Clarity for all initiatives
Refinement Forum (RF)
- Support Hive team in new resource onboarding process (SOWs, resource logistics etc.,)
- Ensure eProc is raised for all contracts and manage the vendor payments
- Ensure Clarity is sync with JIRA milestones. Add new tasks in clarity where required
- Ensure customer go-lives are accurately captured
- Ensure every hive resource is allocated to the tasks
- Ensure resource captures the time in clarity on timely manner
- Regular tracking of milestones to ensure the deliveries are on-track as per 90-day cycle commitments. Escalate to Hive Manager and CPO if there are any anticipated delays
- Track SOW / Contract milestones vs payments on monthly basis
- Provide the required details (Ex: cost, milestones, risk and issues, CRA, milestones etc.,) to Hive Manager to prepare the RF details
- Ensure PO updates the JIRA with the latest progress so that JIRA dashboards can be generated to present to the RF
- Take minutes of the meeting
- Work with Hive manager in creating the Initiatives in SharePoint, JIRA and Clarity
- Collaborate with Pos and Hive Manager to obtain the cost details of the initiatives and create the budget plan in Clarity
- Work with POs to update the data in clarity & JIRA (Ex: Impacted applications, business re-charge Cost Centers, impacted processes etc.,)
- Work with portfolio team in getting the approval from Portfolio to activate the initiative
- Ensure PO documents the product backlog items clearly and in consumable format
- Ensure PO updates the progress of Epics / User Stories / Tasks in the JIRA.
- Ensure every task / user story is assigned to a resource in JIRA
- Ensure CPO and PO completes the GRAM & CRA for all initiatives
- Work with PO in tracking the OKRs. Escalate to Hive Manager and CPO if there are any challenges in delivering the OKRs.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Ensure PO raises the risks in JIRA.
- Ensure all risks that are required to escalate to RF / MPR / QPR are raised in Clarity. Support PO in raising the risks / Issues in clarity
- Ensure all the required details are provide for all risks and issues in clarity (ex: Mitigations, probability, impact, impact description, target resolution date etc.,
- Collaborate with Hive Manager to report all escalated risks and issues to RF/ MPR / QPR
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ad hoc request (based on capacity) to support the Hive
Role Specific Competencies
- 6+ years of experience in a PMO, project management, delivery of strategic initiatives & programs or working in similar capacity on project management and collaboration tools
- Bachelors/Master's degrees
- Strong financial management capabilities: budget tracking, planning, forecast and variance explanations
- Experience in project and delivery management tools (ex: JIRA, Confluence, Clarity etc.,)
- Experience in Agile project delivery methodology
- Experience in vendor management
- A 'can do' attitude committed to doing 'what it takes' to deliver. 'Agile' mindset. Whilst not being the subject matter expert, having the ability to learn quickly, listen, synthesise the issues and articulate for senior management with recommendations.
- Diligent and detail orientated.
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders at both junior and the most senior levels of the bank
About Standard Chartered
- Financials: budget tracking, planning, forecast and variance explanations
- Delivery Management tools, i.e. Clarity, JIRA, Confluence
- Vendor Management
- Project Management knowledge
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers