Hedge Funds Investment Analyst, UOB Alternative Investment Management
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
Hedge Funds Investment Analyst, UOB Alternative Investment ManagementAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
UOB Alternative Investment Management is a growing alternative investment management firm with an Asian investment focus servicing a wide-range of global clients both institutional and individual.
As part of our business expansion, we are looking to hire a hedge funds investment analyst (IA). The IA will be an integral part of the UOBAIM Asian hedge funds investment team with primary responsibility for sourcing, due diligence and monitoring of hedge fund investments.
As a secondary function, the IA is expected to produce client-ready research reports. The reports will be used for both internal investment analysis and external client communication. The research reports will cover a wide range of topics including: macroeconomic trends, market and industry analysis and investment themes.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in the investment industry is required and experience in due diligence of Asian hedge fund investments will be an advantage. Applicants with consulting experience will also be considered.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) in English and Mandarin. A working knowledge of Japanese would be an advantage.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- A good degree in an analytical discipline.
- A self-directed learner who can formulate and articulate independent opinions. Initiative and critical reasoning are vital.
- A genuine demonstrated interest in investing.
- A motivated team player.
- The ability to conceive and produce client-ready research reports within deadlines.
- The willingness to travel on short notice.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.