Our client, a leading APAC HFT firm is looking for a senior head of infrastructure to aid their expansion. They are looking for a hands on leader with extensive experience over low latency network operation
HEAD/SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Our client is looking for a infrastructure leader that is creative in their approach to problem-solving. They take the initiative to explore different ways to resolve an issue and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to do it. The incumbent will also work with the exciting and growing tech/Ops team within the business.
- Designing and deploying cutting edge network technologies that are popular amongst low-latency firms.
- Improving the performance of current network infrastructure through monitoring, QoS, and Service Level reviews.
- Maintaining the DevOps infrastructure, which includes Foreman, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.
- Developing, creating and maintaining network documentation, device configurations, circuit information and operations network diagrams.
- Work closely with production support and developers to deliver excellent working solutions for the trading teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & BACKGROUND:
- Bsc or above in an engineering discipline with at least 8 years of experience in supporting trading infrastructure. Candidates with a strong background in designing and optimizing networks in a medium-to-large network are also encouraged to apply.
- Working experience with various network equipment from various vendors, such as Cisco, Arista, Juniper, etc.
- In-depth network operations backgrounds, such as (but not limited to) WAN/LAN technologies, network security, Voice over IP (VoIP), Quality of Service (QoS), Enterprise wireless and MPLS-lite (VRF).
- Able to manage working relationships with the various Telcos which services that we use in our production environment.
- Project management and problem management using tools such as Jira, ServiceNow, etc.
- Operate network capacity management tools such as Corvil, Netscout, etc.
- In-depth troubleshooting skills to be able to identify and resolve network issues quickly.
- Ability to work with trading vendors to set up external trading connectivity.
- Basic Linux (or other Unix variants) system administration knowledge. Shell scripting skill or Python programming is an added advantage.
- Provide 7x24 on-call support for critical problem resolution (as required).
- Networking certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, JNCIE/JNCIS, etc. are an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Netbox, LibreNMS and popular open-source network automation projects such as Netmiko, Nornir is a plus.
- ITIL certification is a plus.