HEAD OF DATA ENGINEERING, HFT OVERVIEW: Our client, one of the most reputable Singaporean HFT is looking for a Head of Data Engineering to support their high-frequency trading and quantitative research. There will be full autonomy, as well as any support you require in implementing this vision. Visa support/remote possible
The candidate will, in close collaboration and leading a team of data engineers, design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant data pipelines in a cloud environment focusing on scalability and performance, as well as the next generation of tools that empower users to generate insights on the data they work with.
- Lead a team of data engineers across APAC and managing project schedules.
- Lead data strategy for all aspect data.
- Work proactively with traders, researchers to meet their needs for timely, accurate and complete data sets.
- Build highly scalable data pipelines to process and analyse billions of messages in real time.
- Set strong technical/architectural/cultural foundations, lead by example by setting good design in software development as well as data engineering
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong technical leadership qualities, both hands on and good with people.
- Extensive experience with data modelling and designing/supporting both streaming and batch ETL pipelines.
- Extensive experience in SQL and databases.
- Domain knowledge in finance, especially in buy-side trading is a bonus
- Proficiency in at least two mainstream programming languages (preferably Python, Java, C++).