Head of Valuation - HSBC Insurance
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers, including catering to specialty markets through products such as Universal Life, for high net-worth customers. As a leader in traditional life insurance, investment-linked savings plans and personal lines of insurance for individuals and their families, the business serves a diverse client portfolio through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Head of Valuation
. Principal responsibilities
- The jobholder is responsible for developing the team working on the valuation, stress testing and other reporting requirements in the Actuarial Services Department to support business needs and reports to the Chief Actuary or Appointed Actuary.
- The jobholder supports the Appointed Actuary in his role under the Insurance Act, to safeguard the financial health of the insurance company and to protect the interest of the policyholders.
- The jobholder is also responsible for persistency monitoring, Universal Life business management, Business Planning, Prophet Modeling and Model Governance, and day to day administration of the Reinsurance programs.
- The jobholder will also provide support on Balance Sheet optimization projects.
- The jobholder works closely with the regional office, external actuarial consultants, internal and external auditors and regulators, ensuring adherence to the HSBC guidelines in the IFIM and statutory regulations.
- The jobholder will support Appointed Actuary to meet following key objectives of the Asset Liability Management function. Optimize shareholders' value and fulfilling Policyholders Reasonable Expectations, including meeting all financial obligations in full as they fall due in the foreseeable future.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Qualified Actuary from a recognized Actuarial examination body
- Extensive Actuarial knowledge with experience in Life Valuation preferred
- In depth experience with reporting processes and the reporting control environment
- In depth knowledge in local RBC1 and RBC2 regulations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in managing team
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and at times rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.