The job encompasses 3 pillars of activities & responsibilities. (i) Treasury management - the incumbent shall manage and conduct Singapore Branch’s treasury operations in line with Group Treasury policies, drive and coordinate foreign exchange, money market and other interest rate operations of the Branch. (ii) FM sales - maintain, build and develop a client base in the region for the Bank’s FM offerings. (iii) Liquidity gathering – build and develop a client base (corporate, FIs, NBFIs) in the region for the Bank’s efforts in gathering liquidity.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Incumbent shall be the principal responsible staff facing the regulators (e.g. MAS in Singapore) in the region of our business coverage with respect to Treasury & Financial Markets activities. He/She must possess the requisite qualifications, always conduct in a professional behavior in the market beyond reproach and fulfill at all times fit and proper criteria as the Bank and MAS may determine.
He/She shall be responsible for the management and conduct of Singapore Branch’s treasury operations, drive and coordinate the foreign exchange, money market and other interest rate operations of the Branch. The role also includes responsibility for FM sales, maintaining, building and developing a client base in the region for the Bank’s FM offerings. In addition, coordinating with Group Treasury and Front Office (Relationship Managers & Transaction Banking product line) to drive liquidity gathering will also be important. These include the following:
- Managing the Branch’s daily Treasury activities (e.g. funding and liquidity);
- Ensuring adherence with all statutory, rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, standards and codes relating to conduct and market practices for Treasury activities;
- Liaising with Head Office to ensure the Branch’s funding requirements are met in all currencies, and triggering management actions if required;
- Collaborating with Head Office daily to confirm beginning/end of day balances and provide rates/market data as needed;
- Retrieving and sharing daily cash-flow reports;
- Managing intra-day liquidity per set rules;
- Providing balance sheet analysis;
- Reviewing daily Risk report and highlight any breaches;
- Monitoring non-USD funding requirements and review the foreign exchange’s risk profile, and to source funding (including Head Office) in a timely fashion where necessary;
- Reviewing daily cash flow and report expected funding needs;
- Managing FX relationships with key financial institutions;
- Assisting in marketing for deposit generation from all available sources in line with Head Office pricing;
- Working with Corporate Treasury, Back office and Market Risk in Singapore Branch, Head Office and other locations where relevant;
- Providing FX outlook and review for key senior management;
- Responding to all client and intra-group requests via Bloomberg, Reuters and/or e-mail;
- Ensuring all deals are captured as soon as they are executed and confirmed;
- Performing pre-deal checks and ensure KYC validity prior to execution;
- Ensuring adherence to all set limits, dealing rules and unit procedures;
- Responding to all Treasury related inquiries from internal stakeholders; and
- Maintaining highest ethical standards in all dealings
- Exploring new business opportunities and work with regional product and functional heads to develop new businesses such as market Bank ABC’s FM offerings to Asian Clients;
- Liaising with Head Office FM Sales team to explore cross-selling / new offerings to clients; and
- Marketing Repos / funding products to clients and Asian Central banks in particular
- Marketing Bank ABC’s Commercial Deposit programme to FIs, Non-Bank FIs and Corporates in Asia; and
- Supporting and coordinating with Front Office sales (Relationship Managers & Transaction Banking unit) to drive liquidity gathering from corporate clients
- Participating in ad hoc projects and duties;
- Maintaining and building banking relationship with internal stakeholders and external counterparties; and
- Performing BCP tests when required
- Treasury, Financial Markets experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Funding, Money Markets and FX.
- Good Negotiation and deal making skills.
- Strong Excel and modeling skills.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Reuters terminals and other FX platforms.
- Good understanding of operational risk and compliance.
- Experience in Repo/Rev Repo transactions with Asian Central banks and Corporates
Education / Certifications
Strong academic credentials from recognized universities with a minimum of Bachelor in Finance, Investment Management or Accounting. ACI certification or similar preferred. Pass requisite examinations and licensed from MAS as appropriate.
A minimum of 7 years of related finance and banking experience in a similar role. Proven track record in MM/Repo deal execution with Central Banks across Asia.