- £120000 - £180000 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Singapore
- 26 Jan 18
Head of Trading - Non-Ferrous - Senior Refined Metals Trader - Singapore
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: £120000 - £180000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
Head of Trading Non-Ferrous / Base Metals Copper, Ali and other refined metals Senior Metals Trader Singapore:Head of Trading – Non-Ferrous / Base Metals – Copper, Ali and other refined metals– Senior Metals Trader – Singapore:
- Physical trading of base metals / primary aluminium, zinc and nickel – other base metals experience would be beneficial.
- Work with the rest of the base metals team to develop the company’s presence in Singapore and develop business across South East Asia, Korea and Japan.
- Hedge daily price and spread risk.
- Collaborate with the logistics, freight and operations teams.
- Reports into the Managing Director.
- Company structure is pretty flat and encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and accountability.
- Deal analysis, pricing and contracting for all base metals.
- Handling customers through purchase to sales in all aspects of business, i.e. marketing, visiting, quality checking, pricing, negotiation for purchase & sales, managing contract, payments & profit calculation.
- Efficient with L/C documentation, payment terms.
- Business Development – create new markets for the company and increase regional market share/annual sales volume.
- At least 10+ years of working experience in a global trading company with offices in the US, London, Switzerland, Singapore and China, preferably a focus in refined metals into South East Asia.
- Strong network in procurement and sourcing globally.
- Ability to manage teams and having full accountability for P&L with strong and consistent results.
- Strong ability in managing client relationships, negotiating power, closing skills & presentation skills.
- Open to working from their Singapore office
This role will offer a talented and experienced senior base metals physical trader the chance to develop their career with a leading trading house based in Singapore. Candidates applying for the role should be entrepreneurial in nature, hard-working, and initiative driven.
To apply please send a word copy of your CV to: