Head of Trade Operations
- Up to AUD0.00 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Singapore , EA Licence No: 11C5502
- 04 Jan 18 2018-01-04
My client, a small/mid size bank, is looking to hire a Head of Trade Finance Operations.
- Check and authorise all transactions in the Trade Finance Ops team
- Ensure proper booking of transactions in the system and timely settlement of transactions.
- Appropriate handling of customer's queries and those escalated by the team members.
- Managing and reporting of MIS (volume, capacity utilization, error reporting etc.)
- Maintain and implement effective controls over the processes in Trade Operations, highlighting areas of concerns for remediation and ensuring strict compliance to regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Be the owner and reviewer of Operating Procedures and work flows in the team, ensuring processes and documents are reviewed regularly and changes to processes are updated and documented.
- Support the team in all audit engagements, ensuring that audit's requests are clear and supported effectively, issues highlighted are investigated and responded to swiftly and where necessary are escalated for effective management.
- Be the key liaison point for the Business (Product Heads, RMs etc.) to manage Business and Client requirements and translating these to support capabilities.
- Communicate constantly with relevant business units and be updated of market trends and individual customer's needs.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in Trade Operations in a senior role, preferably with reputable financial institutions.
- Possesses strong operational experience including processing of LCs, Bank Guarantees, Checking of import and export documents etc.
- Strong knowledge in the latest international trade finance rules/guidelines such as UCP, ISBP, ISP, URDG, URC, URR, etc.
- Prior experience in establishing new controls and set up would be an added advantage;
- Strong knowledge of Trade Finance and GTS related products (Cash/ remittances etc.)
- Well awareness of MAS guidelines and other regulatory requirements.
- A leader and a team player.
- Strong level of spoken and written English.
If you qualify for this role, please feel free to send me your WORD format CV to my email address: email@example.com
EA License No: 11C5502 Registration No: R1549612