Head of Test Management Office
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Singapore
- 24 Apr 19
Head of Test Management Office
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Head of TMO in the Test Management Office team! !
Lead, prioritize and direct the team to drive and deliver quality and efficiency in all Testing phases across the lifecycle of IT projects
- Responsible to set up, maintain and continually improve the Test management framework, define QA strategy, test approach & test execution
- Manage the overall Testing budgets & utilisation across the IT-projects including the overall TMO Build up plan inclusive of the core team
- Oversee the adherence to defined framework of testing estimation, test planning, quality guidelines using defined entry/exit criteria of each phase and standardization of reporting metrics.
- Responsible for Leading and directing the QA team
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework.
- Drive and improve the Testing Team in areas of automation, performance & agile testing.
- Responsible to build and maintain the testing resource capacity with the required skillset to meet the project(s) demand across the domains including automation & performance testing
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the Testing team.
- Work with Test managers/ Leads, Technical Leads and the Competency Leads to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Participate in interviews, induction, and training and performance evaluation of all Test Managers / leads.
- Implement new and innovative tools and approach aimed at improvement of testing standards from the perspective of process optimizations, quality of delivery, adaption of new/ cutting-edge tools to make TMO a well-oiled and lean function.
- Monitor & track the progress of Testing activities across the projects/ portfolio
- Responsible to ensure that project(s) demand across the Testing domains (including automation & performance testing) is delivered qualitatively and in a timely manner
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Participate in management reviews, project steering committee meetings and represent TMO at Project Steering comm discussions.
- Engage with business to establish clear R&R for project related testing and where needed, share experiences as well as provide needed support in business driven testing (UAT, ORT, Migration)
- Ensure that the TMO team adheres to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
EQ & Stakeholder Management:
- Passionate and results-driven leader
- Highly articulate with excellent composure and communication skills
- Ability to think outside the box and make balanced decisions
- Strong stakeholder management skills as well as conflict management skills
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Minimum Total of 18+ years of experience and 5+ years of experience leading and managing Testing departments or testing functions across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house.
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation testing in banking and financial technology background (Wealth Management, Investment Management, Asset Management, Private Banking preferred)
- Ability to define, build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery
- Excellent understanding of project management principles and familiarity in different development & testing methodologies.
- Experience with Test Automation, Automation tools and frameworks keeping up the new trends.
- Able to build and manage a motivated team, undertake capacity planning (that includes both internal and externally sourced testers), recognize and promote talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Managing and negotiating vendor contracts.
- Proficient in all areas of vendor management including the application of basic financial and accounting practices