- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Head of Technology Retail Banking Products – Cloud and Testing
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Head of Technology Retail Banking Products – Cloud and TestingAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are seeking talented and motivated deliverers for the role of Head of Technology Retail Banking Products - Cloud and Testing. This role will report into the Global Head Retail Banking Products Technology.
We are looking for strong individuals that have proven experience of getting large scale projects delivered on public and private cloud solutions, with the experience of successfully overcoming the challenge associated with legacy systems in the context of large Transformation programs and accomplishing great things in an Agile environment.
On the soft-skills side, we are looking for the ability to moderate tone and technical depth based on audience and strong ability to pick-up on non-verbal communication.
On the personal attributes side, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and have the drive and capability to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information continuously. People that can influence, deliver, overcome issues associated with legacy systems and can successfully win-over and inspire those who show adversity to change would do well here.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be an experienced technical leader with a proven track-record in delivering multiple concurrent, complex projects using both Agile and traditional methodologies. Deep knowledge of cloud technologies, development and QA is required. The candidate should also have experience managing teams distributed across multiple countries and experience working with program management teams to implement desired outcomes; able to drive through delivery from inception of a project through to production delivery, the successful candidate is expected to:
• Establishes and runs the cloud delivery team, tasked with bring new systems onto cloud infrastructure, great devops toolchains and migrating our legacy environments.
• Establishes and runs the testing enablement team, tasked with uplifting our testing maturity for retail products, enabling testing and automation tools and establishing and running a core and product system end to end pre-production test environment
• Develops and prepares budgets, project plans including scheduling, costs, resources, and other operational concerns.
• Interfaces with clients in identifying needs.
• Develops feasibility studies and business proposals for hardware/software solutions.
• Plans business and related technical training for new technologies and processes.
• Advises and directs staff on resolving production and testing problems.
• Ensures adherence to Bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures, and audit standards.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 10 years of proven IT leadership and software delivery and business experience in the financial services industry.
• Domain knowledge in Retail Banking useful however not required
• Ability to understand business goals and connect them with technology capabilities and solutions
• Ability to lead and manage engineering teams
• Demonstrated ability to engage with 3rd party vendors and select and integrate major vendor software.
• Experience with adopting and executing technical standards, process and governance across a broad project portfolio.
• Preferred demonstrated capability in automation, cloud and open source technologies
• Extensive experience with formal SDLC methodologies and Agile
• Demonstrated experience in modern technologies, cloud, API's, and open source
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.