Head of Solutions Architecture, Public Sector, ASEAN
As a Public Sector Technology Lead within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS and Amazon SQS) within strategic accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the customer, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. We expect you to manage other solution architects and to represent as the evangelist of the cloud services for the public sector customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Manage the solutions architect group in the public sector business unit across ASEAN
• Host external presentations and workshops as the representative of AWS
• Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
• Support the solution architects scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own technical engagements, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value (delivery of actual solutions could be done by AWS partners)
• Capture and share best-practices among the solution architect community.
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems. Basic Qualifications
The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 10 + years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience with at least 8 years of experience managing technical requirements and in a customer facing capacity.
• Experience architecture infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecture or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a bonus.
• Experience working within the Technology Software market or Internet industries is highly desired.
• Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly. Preferred Qualifications
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
• Background in the public sector domain across ASEAN
• Hands-on experience with AWS products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.