Head of SPDR ETFs Singapore, State Street Global Advisors, - Vice President
Who we are looking for
Lead, manage and develop the SPDR ETF business in Singapore, across all channels (Institutional Asset Owners, Institutional Asset managers, Financial Intermediaries).
The focus of this role will be to develop a comprehensive business plan to build & develop the SPDR ETF business in Singapore with considerations including: addressable market opportunity, resourcing requirements, regulatory requirements, marketing requirements, product requirements [US Domiciled, UCITS, local], capital markets and operational infrastructure requirements. Institutional Asset Owners
: segment includes Pension Funds (DC, DC Platforms and DB), Endowments, Charities, Colleges, Not-for-profit, OIG Clients (Sovereign Wealth Funds, Central Banks, Supranational entities), Fiduciary Management (aka. OCIO for AO clients typically through Consultant), Consultants, Insurance Companies (General Account). Institutional Asset Managers :
segment includes Fund Managers (Single and Multi-Asset Class), Buy-side and Sell-side Trading Desks, Hedge Funds, Insurance Companies (Asset Management) and Family Offices Financial Intermediaries:
segment includes Wealth Managers and Private Banks, Retail / Retail Platform / Independent Financial Advisors (IFA), Robo Advisors, Other Retail Aggregators. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Head of SPDR ETFs Singapore, you will serves as the most senior representative for the SPDR ETF business in Singapore, responsible for all aspects of our strategic and day-to-day ETF business in Singapore:
What we value
- Strategic - Develop business plan for growth of SPDR ETFs in Singapore
- Segmentation - Develop a focused growth plan for each prioritized client segment
- Talent - Attract, Develop and Retain required talent for execution of this business plan
- Leadership - Lead from the front in executing the business plan
- Product Development - Partner with Product team in sourcing new product ideas and providing high quality feedback to the product development process.
- Marketing - Partner with PR and Marketing Team to define, execute and monitor a PR and Marketing Strategy for SPDR ETFs in Singapore
- Media - Be a primary point of contact for media in relation to SPDR ETF in Singapore.
- Internal Partnership - Work closely and collaboratively with all Client Facing Teams in Singapore to promote SPDR ETFs across channels while ensuring strong overall team collaboration.
- Control Environment - Ensure strong local oversight and controls including liaison with Legal, Compliance, Risk, Operations, Audit, Finance and the regulators.
- Capital Markets - Partner with SPDR Capital Markets team to build liquidity strategies for clients in Singapore.
- Sales Strategy & Model Portfolio - Partner with these SPDR team strategy team to execute country specific sales and marketing strategies and/or opportunities
- Player/Coach Role - This role is a player coach role with the holder having responsibility for leading some key client relationships in addition to leading the business and managing the local team.
- Directly develop and lead SPDR ETFs Client Relationships in Singapore across all distribution channels
- Participate in industry associations and meetings to promote SPDR brand, products and services
- Remain up to date on industry and product trends (includes competitor analysis) and ensure SPDR is positioned to take advantage of local market opportunities.
- Collaborate with regional and global executive management across SSGA and other State Street business divisions to build a cohesive strategic client approach.
- Build a sales culture which promotes a sense of urgency, and is client focused.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong ETF knowledge and related technical understanding.
- Strong business instincts, good judgment and creative mindset.
- Advanced communication and client relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to provide fresh insights and new ways of approaching issues based on past experiences, a global perspective, and well-articulated facts and reasoning.
- Dedication to risk, compliance, governance and regulation policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive asset management market and product knowledge across all SSGA/SPDR asset classes/product lines.
- Analytically minded with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned
- Has operated at a senior level in strategic sales, marketing and client management for an extended period of time.
- Strong Client Facing and/or Investment experience in the asset management industry of 10 years+
- Holds appropriate MAS licenses
- Confirmed existing relationships with the top tier client base
- Confirmed ability to develop and execute successfully on strategic sales plans.
- Confirmed experience in leading a team and managing talent
- Confirmed experience in developing relationships across multiple products, asset classes and regions.
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Solution oriented mindset.
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi task.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and open.
- Positive, entrepreneurial and can do attitude.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and navigate complexity.
- Excellent time keeping and adherence to deadlines
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers