Responsible for monitoring and managing all credit and market risks associated with the running of the Singapore Branch’s businesses. To establish local risk procedures, direct resources and approaches to ensure effective risk management through preventive and corrective measures. To ensure GM SGB and CRO is kept abreast of the Branch’s risk profile and material risk issues.
You will manage the Risk team for the Singapore Branch and be responsible in the following areas:
- Ensure and monitor compliance of Group Risk Policies and Guidelines by the Singapore Branch.
- Establish local risk monitoring mechanisms, processes and procedures for the Singapore Branch.
- Direct the management of credit risk on an ongoing basis; act as the ultimate gate-keepers for credit exposure on behalf of the Branch and Head Office.
- Ensure the compliance with all relevant regulations to maintain the credit-worthiness and status of the Bank.
- Promote strong asset quality and establish a strong credit culture through adherence of Group credit policies and lending guidelines.
- Ensure Risk Management Group and Branch senior management receive timely information on credit risk and market risks through regular reporting
- Provide guidance to business units on risk management issues, facility structuring, customer selection and mitigants.
- Ensure all risk decisions are communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Provide updates to various business and support units on changes in risk management policies/requirements from Head Office and/or changes in regulatory requirements relating to credit and market risks.
- Cultivate a risk-aware culture across the Branch.
- Co-manage communications with the regulators and auditors in close liaison with Singapore Branch’s senior management.
- Degree in accounting, banking or finance field preferred
- Minimum 15 years of wholesale banking, treasury & markets and/or risk management experience. Exposures in international banks and overseas working experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and written ability, with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experienced in leading and managing teams
- A keen eye for detail with strong busines acumen and able to adapt and respond to changes.