Our client is a global investment manager. This role is suited to a "Can-Do/Make-it-Happen" candidate that has a strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide leadership, innovation and governance across the APAC region for risk management
- Promote 'best practice' risk management in order to cultivate a business-oriented risk environment across APAC that supports business growth - helps business owners understand the nature and level of risks in their business in order to make risk-informed decisions
- Lead overall risk regulatory reporting, manage the risk dashboard and KRI reporting
- Support the Global Organisational Risk Team with the identification and treatment of risks across the business
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of risks associated with an investment management firm, covering both operational and financial risk types
- Contribute towards the promotion and use of risk management tools and techniques that are consistent with the overarching Organisational Risk Framework and be seen as a "trusted professional advisor" that helps the business proactively manage operational risk
- Assess and monitor control effectiveness within the business and provide constructive control improvement suggestions where appropriate
- Undertake risk-related "deep dive" reviews into areas of the business where risk levels could be higher than desired
- Operate with a fair degree of autonomy across the APAC region
- Act as the focal point for Risk Management across the APAC region
- Promote risk management tools and techniques across the region to ensure compliance with the firm's risk management policies and protocols
- Support the incident management process to ensure that incidents are identified and remediated promptly and that root-cause analysis is carried out in order to identify the actions needed to prevent recurrence;
- Drive the identification of control improvement opportunities within the business and work with the department heads to deliver changes where needed
- Become seen as a 'trusted professional advisor' to help the business management proactively address operational risk when making business decisions
- Manage and guide a 'virtual team' of Risk Champions across the APAC region
- Support the Global Investment Risk Management team in their oversight and monitoring of Fund related risk levels
- Support the CRO in implementing and embedding improvements to the firm's Organisational Risk framework tools and methodologies
- Provide insightful and high-quality risk analysis to support and inform the risk governance structure, including any relevant Risk Committees and other governance meetings
- Interact with business management to collate pertinent risk information for onward submission to stakeholders
- Regular (at least quarterly) reporting and presentations to regional governance committees and management boards
- Support the facilitation of Top Risk reviews and Stress/Scenario testing to ensure there is a robust "What If?" challenge process
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
- Ideally, at least 8-12 years working in a risk or compliance related role
- Proven leadership skills to operate across the APAC region
- Willingness to take ownership of risk management
- Positive "can-do/make-it-happen" attitude
- Strong degree of intellectual curiosity and commercial thinking
- Gravitas and credibility to challenge and influence senior management
- Strong team ethic, but able to work on stand-alone projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience of managing a 'virtual' team environment is preferred
- Decisive, whilst working at pace
- Ability to lead an open discussion of risk issues at all levels, encouraging frankness whilst avoiding a 'blame culture'
- Able to appreciate the big-picture, but whilst retaining a strong attention to detail
- Work experience at an International Investment Management firm is preferred
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Profile Search & Selection is Asia’s leading search & selection firm, providing collaborative solutions to financial services, commercial and professional services clients.
Across our offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai and Beijing, we provide access to a longstanding network throughout Asia, bolstered by a team of consultants and in-house researchers with specialist expertise at the sector and functional level. From market intelligence to executive search, we use robust tools to find and secure the right leaders for your organisation, and offer key market insights to inform your talent strategy.
In February 2020, Profile joined forces with WilsonHCG, an award-winning, global leader in total talent solutions. With a global presence spanning 65+ countries and six continents, WilsonHCG provides a full suite of configurable talent services, including recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), executive search, contingent talent solutions and technology advisory.
By expanding our presence, we can not only better serve our clients at a local level throughout Asia, but also across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Together, we provide our clients access to a single provider with capabilities across the globe.
Let us help you take the next step in your career. Click here to learn more: www.profileasia.com
SG License No: 16S8069 | HK License EA No: 61753