Head of Markets, APAC
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description About the Role
This is a critical leadership role in the development of the overall vision and strategy in APAC CIB, in partnership with Head of Banking, Asia Pacific. The individual will lead our fixed Income, Currencies, and Commodities (FICC) generalist sales and distribution teams, and trading teams to deliver a suite of Credit, Rates, Foreign Exchange (FX), Risk Management, and Cross Asset solutions to corporate, government and institutional, and financial institution clients, and demonstrate leadership on business development, partner engagement, risk management and governance.
Reporting to Head of CIB, APAC, the individual will partner with various APAC partners and global heads of Markets on developing the business and supporting the regional strategies. Primary Responsibilities
- Strategy. Develop strategy and the go-forward model in APAC on Rates, Credit and FX trading, sales and distribution. Enhance synergy within the products. Drive the business to steer towards the US model for creating further synergy.
- Leadership. P rovide leadership and guidance to CIB Markets team members, and act as an escalation point in APAC. Create a culture where team members can influence the business and help identify and pursue new opportunities. Have a lean business with committed team members who are challenged, engaged and responsible by, in and for the business. Foster a culture of risk management. The CIB Markets teams in APAC will directly report into this role.
- Business Management. Develop and execute marketing strategy to clients within the region. Be responsible for revenues for the market and drive performance through proactive interaction with and provision of appropriate solutions to clients. Establish and achieve financial and customer experience goals in region. Periodic updates on solution strategy and business performance. Develop and input into internal and external presentations,. Provide oversight on annual budget planning process and manage expense targets.
- Regional governance . Represent CIB Markets at key regional forums including CIB leadership meeting, weekly APAC management meeting, and various relevant committees pursuant to the APAC governance requirements. Deal with business issues and escalate issues to CIB head APAC, Global Markets leaders and ICOO as appropriate. Understand regulatory requirements, work with Business Control Executive and APAC Compliance team to design, develop, and implement controls.
- Risk Management . Work with all risk stripes partner and various control functions to ensure all trading activities across region and legal entities adhering to internal limits and policy and to ensure reputational integrity. Work closely with Regional CRO to proactively identify any gaps in market risks and preemptively take remedial actions. Maintain close connectivity with global Markets and Risk functions to ensure clear understanding of APAC market risks and conduct risks and secure resources for enhancements.
- Thought Leadership / Industry. Be an expert on competitive product and pricing trends in market and competitor and market intelligence to make informed decisions.
- Teamwork and Partnership. Develop proactive and cooperative relationships within global CIB teams, and with other LOBs (to the extent permissible) and partners. Build and drive collaborative relationships across the enterprise with partners including Compliance and Credit Risk management, Legal, Operations, Client Services and support, to meet client needs, resolve technical payment issues and deliver best-in class client experience.
Market Skills and Certifications The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
Position can be based in Hong Kong or Singapore
- Extensive proven experience with Securities and investment banking at senior leadership level in APAC.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and commitment as well as a strong business sense with a strategic and tactical orientation.
- Extensive knowledge of Rates, Credit and FX sales and distribution.
- The successful candidate may be subject to licensing regime in Hong Kong and/or Singapore.
- Relevant Enhanced Competency Framework qualifications, Executive Officer/Responsible Officer Type 1, 4, 6 & 9 experiences or equivalent exposures would be an added advantage.
- In depth understanding of technological, risk and regulatory trends impacting Markets business.
- Successful track record of industry thought leadership and developing senior level relationships.
- Strong experience in developing and execution of business strategies.
- Ability to analyze data and use for decision making and managing initiatives.
- Successful track record in systematically executing initiatives using project management disciplines.
- Highest level of integrity and good judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong stakeholder skills and ability to work and lead across functions.
- Strong commercial judgement, excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment and partnership skills. Willingness to travel as required.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.