Provide 2LOD oversight and monitoring of market, and liquidity risk activity in Asia. Act as the local reference point for any matters pertaining to market, or liquidity risk oversight, and the application of frameworks in Asia.
- Review, challenge, and support the interpretation and implementation proposals related to regulatory standards for market, and liquidity risk management in the Asia jurisdictions.
- Review and challenge the recommended market risk and liquidity decisions, and risk appetite for Asia.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of market, and liquidity risk against approved limits in Asia jurisdictions.
Governance / Oversight
- Identify and document gaps in methodology, process, and controls in the market, and liquidity risk management framework(s) in Asia and communicate to the 2LOD teams and Business as appropriate for remediation.
Risk, Regulatory, Conduct and Culture:
- Drive and maintain a strong risk culture with a relentless focus on initiatives to strengthen the control environment.
- Assess, manage, and optimise risk to ensure that financial goals are met within agreed risk appetite levels.
- Stay up to date with the regulatory shifts impacting the business to ensure the business is compliant with internal & external requirements and regulations.
- Ensure satisfactory outcomes to audit regulatory issues raised with your business unit.
- Maintain appropriate market profile and position.
- Lead by example and encourage others to behave in ways which support the development of a successful and desired business culture.
- Lead a diverse and high performing team and create an environment where great people choose to work.
- Demonstrate and promote ‘One Westpac’ team behaviours with the aim to facilitate greater internal communication and performance outcomes across lines of business.
- Satisfactory performance against applicable internal and external compliance and control standards and codes of conduct including but not limited to conduct rules under the Individual Accountability and Conduct Framework.
- Complete any mandatory training in line with legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements.
- Refrain from taking any steps which could lead to the removal of certification for fitness and propriety to perform the role.
- Undertake all necessary steps to satisfy the annual certification process.
- Tertiary degree in business, finance, or accounting.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Financial Markets / Treasury environment in a banking organization.
- Subject matter expertise in market, and liquidity risk management. Understanding of banking book versus trading book and how interest rate risk is managed in a banking book will be viewed favourably.
- Practical experience with operational processes and controls in a Financial Markets / Treasury environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of business, products, operational considerations, and regulatory environment when reviewing and assessing risks.
- Strong influencing capabilities - track record of building and maintaining effective relationships with key local, regional, and head office stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and prioritization skills; able to handle multiple priorities concurrently.
- Willingness to work with stakeholders to clarify concerns and engage in constructive
Our values are what we believe in at Westpac Group, they guide the way we behave and our aspirations. Together our five values can help us achieve our refreshed purpose:
- Helpful: Passionate about providing a great customer experience
- Ethical: Trusted to do the right thing
- Leading Change: Determined to make it better and be better
- Performing: Accountable to get it done
- Simple: Inspired to keep it simple and easy