About Revolut People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 20 million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000 people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role Audit is a key player in most areas of the business at revolut. The team works closely with Risk and Compliance to create internal risk management and compliance processes, and ensure that they're operating effectively 💪 This unstoppable trio is the front line of evaluating whether the business is on a safe footing, working across functions, products, and regions to build this seamless infrastructure ✨
We're looking for a Head of Audit who'll take our audit programs to the next level 📣 A professional who'll take care of the development and implementation of audit policies and procedures. Someone to mitigate business risk across various functional areas to help our customers improve their financial health, give them more control, and connect them seamlessly across the world 💎
Up for the challenge? Let's get in touch 👇
What you'll be doing
- Develop the annual internal audit plan for Revolut's legal entities in Australia considering regulatory requirements and risks associated with the operations of the Australian entity.
- Develop and execute audit programs in accordance with internal audit policies, procedures, methodologies, regulatory requirements and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Attend local committees and develop, update and own the Internal Audit risk assessment process and related audit plans for the Australian businesses, working closely with the Global Head of Internal audit
- Proactively seek ways to make the best use of data as part of our audit process including to inform our understanding of risks, test controls and provide relevant insights to the business
- Provide input and assist in the identification of relevant regulatory requirements for incorporation as part of the audit scope and work program
- Interact with senior management and staff to obtain an understanding of relevant risks, controls and processes
- Communicate and discuss findings with business unit management
- Develop audit reports which identify deficiencies and underlying root causes; provide recommendations to mitigate/address deficiencies while adding value to Revolut
- Conduct research and successfully complete assigned training requirements necessary to maintain relevance
- Work closely with business units (both in Australia and globally) at all levels to develop recommendations for audit findings, business process optimization, internal control and compliance.
- Report audit findings and recommendations based on audit results
- Conduct follow-up reviews of deficiencies noted during audits
- Assist external auditors in their completion of the financial statement audit, as needed
- Monitor audit progress (against expected timelines, scope etc) and project manage to completion, escalating where required in a timely manner
What you'll need
- 7 years of professional experience in an audit related-role within a regulated financial services environment.
- Experience across one or more of: Banking, Security trade, Payments, Operations, Risk, Finance and Treasury processes.
- Deep knowledge of systems and controls within EMI/Retail Banking businesses for managing prudential (incl. credit, market, liquidity, operational) and conduct risks
- Excellent understanding of regulatory compliance requirements in the Australian market for EMI and/or Retail Banking
- Experience of interaction with ASIC, APRAExperience working in global teams
- You are a data evangelist and proficient in both working with and interpreting data - ideally with practical experience with one of the following: SQL, SAS, Python or R
- Extensive audit experience on risk assessment, process and control review, implementation and advice. Including knowledge of COSO, IIA Standards, CSA, etc.
- Ability to work independently, manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities
- Desire and drive to learn, grow and have impact quickly as part of an expanding global team
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on execution is desirable
- ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) preferred
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates .