BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
• The Head of Global Custody Operation team, manages the teams acting as single point of contact vis vis our clients (Asset Managers, fund managers, Banks and brokers) to ensure instructions are processed and queries are responded in a timely and appropriate manner.
• He represents the Global Custody Operations team in all internal / external discussions requiring inputs from the team.
• He is the one ensuring that our organization (his team and the operational teams) provide a high quality of the service to our clients. Responsibilities
A. Ensure adequate resource level in line with activity needs and with budget
B. Coach team members
C. Manage their evolution and mobility locally or internationally in coordination with HR
D. Perform regular reviews process and performance appraisal, as per Group policies
E. Participate in Local Management/Risk Committees. Service Delivery:
A. Ensure an efficient client service delivery on daily basis:
• Management of post trade client queries on International trade settlement / Corporate Action and Income / Tax / Money transfer activities:
• Regular monitoring of these elements through KPI and unit costs reviews.
• Management of the client call-back process
• Communication of issues and recommended solutions to clients
B. Management of client on-boarding and assets transition activities.
C. Management of queries relating to account opening, maintenance and closure.
D. Definition and update of BPSS Global Custody procedures, SLAs, BCP, Risk Maps, Control Plans, ensuring consistency and quality of each document Improve efficiency:
Work closely with Transversal Change teams to rationalize and continuously improve efficiency of the business delivery model in alignment with Client lines priorities (e.g. digitalisation, industrialisation) Implementation of new products:
Ensure our client-facing model (from a service delivery point of view) is in line with clients' needs as defined with Client Lines and ensure smooth implementation of new products and solutions. Budget and Cost:
Contribute to optimize our cost base and monitor the evolution of the unit cost.
A. Contribute to budget process locally in alignment with global and local objectives
B. Manage the internationalization of the operations in collaboration with regional hubs
C. Follow up budget realization. Provide explanation on discrepancies
D. Ensure constant decrease of unit costs in a secure environment. Push initiatives to reach this goal. (ACE program, reengineering with or without IT Implications, optimization HUB/Local. Expert:
A. Participate to Service reviews or due diligence with clients or service providers
B. Support sales and product forces by acting as expert, including RFP participation. Escalation point:
Act as escalation point in case of service delivery issue Communication:
Ensure good level of communication with the Local Head of BSO, Local management, Regional Head of BSO as well as with relevant regional and global stakeholders
A. Leverage on existing governance bodies to give visibility on BAU business, projects and operational incidents
B. Ensure that adequate reporting is produced allowing a good monitoring of the activity.
C. Ensure teams members under his/her responsibility are informed about latest / organization changes / new products, etc… allowing them to fully perform in their respective positions.
Conduct:- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and act accordingly internally, when facing clients and providers Risk and Compliance
Ensure business delivery model complies with regulations, market infrastructure evolution and BNP Paribas internal control rules:
Meet compliance and regulatory obligations
Minimize the operational risk across products and services
Ensure the business continuity plan is available and tested
Operational Risk to be followed in a permanent manner (KPI/BAU follow up) in order to act in the safest possible environment
Regular review with OPC and ORC teams
Ensure all the procedures are in place to follow BP2S Risk requests both at the client and process level
Participate in product approval process, giving green light to start only if all procedures are in place to minimize risks
Ownership of any recommendations issued to the team following any audit to the implementation of the corresponding remediating actions Managers Conduct Roles & Responsibilities
• In a controlled risk environment and in alignment with the global strategy, managers ensure full compliance with Conduct policies:
• Ensure Conduct governance is fully operational, as per standard guidelines: Conduct is a standard item at the agenda of management or team meetings, Conduct dilemma are well managed and documented, the escalation process is in place, Conduct responsibilities are delegated throughout the perimeter in charge
• Be aware of the Conduct risks arising in the perimeter in charge and make sure that appropriate mitigating processes and controls are in place
• Ensure Conduct principles are fully embedded in processes including people management processes (appraisal, promotion, mobility, recruitment …)
• Develop understanding of Conduct principles by ensuring staff participation to awareness & training sessions