Head of Finance, Singapore
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering the Head of Finance, Singapore with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
The role is accountable for the overall management and supervision of the Finance function in the Wealth & Investment Management business in Singapore. As a key member of the management team in MIMS, the incumbent will be a strategic advisor to the business, providing strong financial leadership necessary for the business growth agenda. Reports to the CFO, Wealth and Asset Management Asia (WAM Asia), and the CEO, Manulife Investment Management, Singapore (MIMS). What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will: Strategic Financial Management
- University Qualified with recognized professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CFA)
- 15+ years direct experience in Finance roles. Experience in leading a Finance function/department, preferably in an asset management company.
- Strong business acumen and commercial experience, with demonstrable capability to understand and analyze complex concepts and articulate big picture perspective
- Strong business partnering, interpersonal and stakeholder management, with demonstrable experience of negotiating and influencing across a wide range of stakeholders
- Highly developed leadership skills, having extensive experience working within a matrix organization with both direct and indirect reporting influence, to effectively collaborate, leverage and lead teams / individuals across multiple geographies
- Strong attention to detail with excellent judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to cater a message to various stakeholders, including senior executive and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to be proactive and work independently or part of a team, whilst thriving in a fast paced, high-performing environment whilst managing multiple, changing priorities and requests
- Proven accomplishments as a change agent with strong execution capability and focus on control and process improvement
Day to Day Financial Management
- Oversee the finance financial management function of Manulife Investment Management Singapore
- Lead the annual planning exercise and periodic forecasts, working closely with local CEO, department heads and regional finance.
- Provide financial advice and support to the Regional CFO and Singapore CEO, department heads and Board of Directors in the development of major initiatives and business strategy, including the review of business plans
- Participate in Singapore Management Committee meetings and local Board meeting
Financial and Management Accounting
- Manage all aspects of finance including financial reporting, management reporting, regulatory reporting, audit, tax compliance, transfer pricing, product profitability and cash/capital management.
- Provide monthly financial results to Regional CFO, Singapore CEO and Regional finance. Perform relevant analysis, as requested by the CFO and CEO, department heads or regional finance, to assist them with their decision making or analysis
- Keep abreast of relevant financial, tax and corporate governance developments
- Ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with relevant accounting standards, internal policies and statutory/regulatory/tax requirements
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place. This should include sound internal controls including strong focus on balance sheet control, appropriate capitalization policy, expense approval policy and travel, entertainment and business expense reimbursement policy
- Ensure that information on Assets Under Management (including inflows, outflows and respective fund attributes) are properly recorded in the systems
- Provide finance support to affiliated company, Manulife General Account Investments Singapore.
- Finance lead for the HNW segment in Singapore and Asia more broadly, in support of the private bank strategy, including sales tracking of the private bank channel and the development and management of the P/L for this channel in Asia
- Review the department's processes periodically to identify areas of improvements and ensure that the finance operational manual is kept up to date
- Monitor and manage the cash position to ensure sufficient liquidity whilst managing any capital injection process (when applicable)
- Follow up on long outstanding debts and ensure creditors' terms are met.
Leadership and Team Development
- Work closely with the Compliance team to ensure that the regulatory capital and liquidity requirements are met.
- Work with external tax agents and Group Tax function to ensure strict adherence to all tax obligations, including transfer pricing policy / regulation
- Work with external auditors to ensure that statutory requirements are met.
Our commitment to you
- Provide strong interpersonal skills with a specific focus on team and individual professional development.
- Provide regular and constructive feedback and coaching
- Cultivate an innovative environment by supporting creativity and high-performance teamwork.
- Focus on strong team engagement and staff morale.
- Build effective relationships across a wide stakeholder group, and broader Finance function
- Manage and influence teams and individuals on both a direct and indirect reporting basis, across a complex matrix structure.
- Actively contribute and enhance the Regional and Global WAM Finance function, working closely with regional finance team, and other local Heads of Finance
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About Manulife
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .