- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Head of Finance – T&I
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Head of Finance – T&IAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role would be a trusted advisor to at least one member of the T&I MT. Reporting to the CFO for T&I, this role provides all aspects of financial support to the CIO, their management team and the wider CIO organization. The role provides transparency of end to end T&I costs internally to T&I stakeholders and to the business areas they provide services to. The role requires the individual to build a deep-rooted understanding of the organisation they support to help provide insight, advice and healthy challenge regarding decision making. They are there to ensure that the organisation spends efficiently and effectively in line with the strategic goals of T&I and the wider organisation. In addition, that the organisation adheres to the appropriate finance governance and controls.
- Key financial relationship manager for the business CIO and his team. A key member of the CIO MT team presenting all aspects of Finance both on actual spend and forward-looking view of the cost base and organizational structure
- Trusted partner to the business CIO, integral to financial decision making and influencing behaviour of organization on all aspects of cost
- A member of business CIO COO cost committees representing ITO Finance and key member of project teams on cost transparency.
- Drives the financial budget and forecast process for the CIO group
- Develops and provides timely, relevant and accurate financial MIS for the CIO team and COO team including thematic reviews and deep dives as required
- Governs the integrity of project financials for business CIO from a 'supply' perspective for T&I,
- Ensures the integrity of the financial books and records for business CIO through partnership with FSSC teams and ownership of the overall financial control process for business CIO
- Leads process improvement initiatives across T&I Finance, assisting with policy and guidance where necessary, help develop guidelines on process / concepts with a view for transparency and training
- Drives change through behaviour and seeks to build a strong and capable finance team.
- T&I MT
- Group COOs
- Global Head, Business Efficiency
- Regional / Business CFOs
Our Ideal Candidate
- A Strong experience in cost management, preferably in operational roles in a large global organisation.
- Qualified accountant with 10+ years PQE. Ideally with some IT/Tech business experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Big picture, strategic thinking with attentions to details.
- Structured approach combined with innovative ideas.
- Confident & impactful with a skill for constructive challenge.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player and ability to work well within a matrixed global environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.