Head of Design and Research - Digital Bank
We're looking for a Head of Design & Research to work onsite within our Digital Bank. We're a small, but growing venture, with new and exciting problems to solve. We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams.
As a Head of Design & Research you'd be able to work on and solve some of the many interesting challenges we are facing, learn new ways of working, and build delightful customer journey's and experiences.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will lead a multidisciplinary team to design and deliver the best in market mobile app & brand experience for our customers. You would be responsible to build the creative vision not just for the design team but the whole organization covering Product Design, Visual Design & User Research. You are a digital native with a natural intuition for design and technology, coupled with a strategic mindset. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with high degrees of ambiguity, get excited by solving complex problems and are happy to roll your sleeves up and get things done.
The Role Responsibility:
• Provides a creative vision not just for the design team but the whole organization covering Product Design, Visual Design & User Research
• Establish processes and practices for realizing that vision, and set the bar for quality.
• Contribute to the development of brand definition and experience principles, and ensure that those are appropriately interpreted through the team's work.
• Managing stakeholders, project costs and timelines, while leading & mentoring the team
• Designing and developing and presenting flows/designs to support business goals and to delight our customers
• Participating in decisions on design strategies to continuously improve UX
• Executing and leading multiple projects from a UX perspective; ensuring that functionalities, interactions and flows are clearly defined
• Providing thought leadership on user-centered design principles and Promoting user-centered design methodologies, including user research and testing
• Researching latest technologies and financial/banking trends, and how to best apply these ideas to our design processes.
• Observing innovative ideas across emerging media and consumer behaviour in the financial sector.
• Responsible for every aspect of the user's experience; develop user-friendly design elements and interactions, create full screen mockups and clickable prototypes.
• Proactive in experimenting by testing solutions at every available opportunity.
• Building strong relationships and facilitate discussions with tech development teams, product management teams and customer experience teams.
• Conduct ongoing research on competitors, best practices across the world and across industries.
You'll Fit Right In If You Are
• Someone who can see the big picture while driving perfection down to the last pixel
• A creative problem solver
• Have an eye for turning complex problems into beautiful, elegant experiences
• Highly collaborative, and can communicate openly and respectfully
• Comfortable in fast paced environments, and highly adaptable
• A strong voice for the customer/user
• You've worked in multi-discipline teams across the design process - research, and ux design
• Proactive and self-motivated learner
• You can be pragmatic and balance the needs of user, business and technology
Our Ideal Candidate:
• A degree or graduate diploma in graphic design, visual design, advertising or a similar discipline.
• 15+ years of experience in UX design, interaction design, and visual/graphic UI design.
• Work experience can come from an ad agency and/or brand consultancy and/or in house design studio.
• A strong portfolio which showcases a range of tools and techniques, and case studies which demonstrates considerable ROI for a range of clients.
• An expert knowledge of UI design principles and techniques, especially in designing large-scale system designs & frameworks on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, and Mobile Web).
• Strong foundational knowledge in UX, User-Centered Design, Interaction Design and Responsive Design.
• Highly meticulous attitude, with unrelenting attention to detail - even under demanding time constraints.
• Problem solving mindset, strong team spirit and complete commitment to work quality.
• Ability to advocate and defend UX design decisions.
• Excellent communication skills, as you will be involved in persuading and presenting to different levels of stakeholders.