Head of Design & Construction for APAC
The Facilities Operations Building Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the strategy and planning for the potential Real Estate pipeline to support business direction.
- Direct and strategically manage Citi D&C projects and global initiatives.
- Own the governance process for all D&C projects and ensure adherence to global policies and procedures.
- Ensure business requirements are gathered from stakeholders. Lead ideation and innovation to provide workplace solutions in adherence with Citiworks Enterprise and Future of Work.
- In partnership with regional and country CRS teams, CTI teams and CSIS teams develop workplace and property solutions that influence key property outcomes.
- Stakeholder management and influencing responsibilities within the bank and external supply partners.
- Ensure effective communication on policies and other control requirements.
- Identify and report key risks and ensure escalation is timely and appropriate.
- Maintain a good understanding of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to Technical and commercial risk and control areas.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the D&C team.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, manages and evaluates the activities of the Design & Construction (D&C) team.
- Leads, directs, monitors and evaluates D&C staff and provides training and professional development.
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities of D&C staff (FTE & NEMS) in meeting the firms goals and facilitates goal setting, scheduling and monitoring.
- Develop strategies for succession planning.
- Ensure strong project and program management processes are in place and employed by both internal and external parties managing Citi projects.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement to drive better outcomes.
- Provide consistency and a high standard of regional and global reporting to enable senior management to have visibility of D&C projects.
- Administers implementation of annual and multi-year Capital Planning; develops scope, budget, funding and schedule for each project.
- Responsible for the management of project budgets, schedules and design.
- Oversee the design, administration, commercial management, construction and financial closure of all projects with direct input to significant and critical projects across the region.
- Challenge the norm and concepts, derive alternate methodology and drive value based solutions.
- Take an active role in the larger and more complex contract negotiations to ensure commercial viability and performance.
- As required, review and approve technical reports, designs and contracts to assure adequacy to design standards, compliance, constructability and compatibility with general character and site conditions.
- Steward all regional and country development of specific scope and technical requirements for tendering with the sourcing group (ROM).
- Provide regional agreements to the team for consultant (Project Management, Commercial Management, Architectural, MEP, etc) as well specialist vendor supply agreements
- Develop and manage proactive communication protocols.
- Leverage our partners and peers access to innovation and share with APAC teams.
- A person with a Professional degree in design, architecture or engineering with at least 10 to 12 years of experience is preferred but it could be replaced for exceptional candidates with experience of at least 15 to 20 years or more in a Property related environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Proactive leadership and motivational skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Corporate Services Job Family:
Facilities Operations Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting