Head of Business Banking, Business Development Manager - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Business Banking, Business Development Manager.
In this role, you will
- Maximise revenue growth through business development sales for Singapore's GTRF Business Banking segment
- Develop effective strategies for winning new Business Banking clients in order to generate new income for the Group. Identify new sales opportunities in the form of new to bank or new to GTRF alongside Relationship Managers.
- Achieve the profitability hurdle rate as defined by CMB Business Banking segment
- Manage pipeline of new Business Banking customers and follow end to end sales process as defined by Business Development objectives
- Work closely with CMB Sales Head and sales colleagues to promote awareness of GTRF products, strategies and competitor information amongst the RMs and other strategic business communities
- Maintain awareness of the applicable regulatory and business environment. Understand audit, tax and legal implications and changes as they affect the customers and the Bank and provide necessary guidance to customers wherever required.
- Execute a robust sales plan to target new customers including effective closure of pipeline deals to capture revenue.
- Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University degree
- Significant relevant experience in trade sales and business development positions
- Leadership experience in managing a team of frontline trade sales staff
- Good network of client contacts in the Business Banking segment
- Strong understanding of the local and regional market
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AK2X
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited