- Permanent, Full time
- Funds Partnership Asia
- 07 Feb 18
Head of Asset Management (Real Estate)
Our client is one of the largest real estate companies in Singapore. They are listed on the SGX, and have attained a global presence across more than 20 countries. They are currently looking for an Executive VP, Head of Asset Management to be based in Singapore. This role would involve strategizing the development and enhancement of their entire portfolio of assets, which include various asset classes such as retail, commercial, industrial and residential.
- Develop, review and implement long-term asset management plans and strategies.
- Maximize total return for assets through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance. Monitor and report on asset performance.
- Provide strategic advice to the Executive Committee (ExCO) to support the implementation of and adherence to effective asset management principles across the company, both locally and overseas.
- Determine, in consultation with ExCO, appropriate frameworks, processes and standards to be applied to the acquisition and disposal of assets, ensuring compliance with sound financial, legal and commercial principles.
- Lead implementation of asset management and enhancement programmes, providing professional oversight and leadership to the asset management team activities, including business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, valuation/ financial models, analysis and approvals etc, to protect the company’s investments and financial interests.
- Responsible for profit/loss, cash flow, distribution analysis and investment projections.
- Develop recommendations, in consultation with relevant business units, related to the company’s portfolio profile, deployment and redeployment, acquisition, disposal or retirement of assets.
- Minimally a recognized Degree in Business, Real Estate and/or Finance related disciplines.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a similar leadership capacity.
- Diversified asset management experience across retail, commercial, industrial and residential properties.
- Excellent proven track record in the areas of asset management, enhancement and financial results.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a goal-driven, fast paced environment.
- Strong leadership, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with ability to present strategies, recommendations and decisions in a well-reasoned, well-documented manner.
- Must be prepared and willing to travel.