Head of Asia Pacific ESG Business Development – Trucost, part of S&P Global
JobDescription : The Role
: Head of Asia Pacific ESG Business Development - Trucost, part of S&P Global The Location
: Singapore/Australia - Sydney The Team:
You will be leading a team of business development professionals across APAC with the objective of rapidly growing our ESG revenues, developing the market and our brand. The role is reporting to the Global Head of ESG Commercial and you will be part of a specialized, highly talented global team. The Impact
: Trucost is a leader in ESG and in particular climate analytics. As part of S&P Global we are committed to powering the markets of the future with essential ESG intelligence and have an ambitious product development agenda. The team wants to create powerful, positive societal change and help the world transition to a more sustainable, lower carbon and more resource efficient economy. The role requires excellent leadership, communication and wide ranging commercial skills. It also requires a deep understanding of how companies and financial actors such as pension funds, SWFs, banks and asset managers integrate ESG into their workflows. What's in it for you
: We have an exciting opportunity to join the ESG commercial team to lead ESG business development across Asia Pacific. You will be leading a team of business development professionals across APAC with the objective of rapidly growing our ESG revenues, developing the market and our brand. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Develop and execute on a strategy for growing ESG revenues in the APAC region
- Lead a team of specialist ESG business development professionals in the APAC region
- Represent the business as an expert speaker at conferences and at high level meetings with
- prospective clients and influencers
- Effectively understand the sustainability needs of clients and convey over value proposition.
- Work with clients to advise them on integration of Trucost data and research in their investment processes to meet specific needs such as TCFD.
- Work closely with the broader S&P Global Market Intelligence commercial teams to retain and grow the ESG business
- Work closely with the marketing & product team to support commercial messaging and thought leadership .
- Supporting your team in prospecting, generating leads and writing proposals; following up on new business opportunities and setting up meetings; planning and preparing presentations; establishing and maintaining client accounts
- Excellent business acumen, good negotiation skills and persuasiveness
- Excellent team leading skills with a hands on, supportive, collaborative and motivational approach
- Deep understanding of ESG and the sustainable finance marketplace and abiity to distill this understanding into a business plan for our ESG solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidence presenting to large groups at public forums, and the ability to write compelling,
- articulate proposals for innovative solutions.
- Personable, and enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Self-motivated and results oriented, with a positive, "can do" approach
- A sharp intellect, commercial acumen, creative approach to problem solving in a new and innovative industry and an entrepreneurial attitude are important.
- Understanding how financial markets operate, and also in particular how financial institutions are evaluating and incorporating ESG and climate issues in their decision-making and the organizations involved (e.g. TCFD, UNPRI)
- Understanding of some of the following: portfolio carbon footprinting and accounting across asset classes, ESG risk and opportunity analysis by investors, TCFD reporting, use of environmental data for financial products (funds and indices), sustainability solutions for banking clients, green bond verification.
- Experience working on a responsible/ESG investment team desirable
- Experience in sales (or management consulting) to financial institutions desirable
- Motivated by commercial objectives and working to a sales target
- Business development and technical, consultative sales experience desirable
- Speaking and presenting to large groups of people and high level executive audiences
- Ability to travel extensively
- Language skills desirable
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for anyfees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.