Head, Response and Recovery Programme
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Manage the transformation and remediation agenda for Group Resilience that pertains to Information and Cyber Security risk.
- Develop and maintain a Bank-wide vision of success for the Response & Recovery (R&R) programme and ensure that key stakeholders endorse and support it.
- R&R programme delivery (milestones, benefits, and risks) and investment (resource and financials) and the transition plan to BAU.
- Ensure that the R&R programme complies with PMS, SDF and ICS TRP processes and controls.
- Contribution to the wider Resilience agenda by leveraging the R&R programme to drive a more proactive and informed resilience approach across all Products / Segments / Functions.
- Build and maintain a capable and resilient team which collaborates and influences across Group Resilience and the wider ICS TRP, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Lead through example and build a continuous improvement and growth culture that exemplifies the banks values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the programme team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure programme resources have appropriate competencies for role. Ensure the numbers, grades and locations of those resources appropriately balances delivery with cost against programme outcomes.
- Proactively champion required change initiatives to enhance ICS resilience.
- Support the design of cyber resilience threat scenarios.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Governance team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Global Head Resilience
- Heads, Operational Resilience
- Head, IT Resilience
- Global Business and Regional Chief Operating Officers
- Regional Heads of Operational Resilience
- Heads, Supply Chain Management
- Trust, Data, and Resilience COO
- CISRO Risk, Policy and Controls
- Group Operational Risk
- Group Internal Audit
Role Specific Technical Competencies
Our Ideal Candidate
- Programme Management - Expert
- Cyber Security Risk Management - Expert
- Operational Risk Management - Advanced
- Business Continuity & Resilience - Advanced
- Execute Significant Change Management Initiatives - Core
- Facilitating Effective Coordination Between Business & Function - Core
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: degree in a related field and professional accreditations with related programme and risk management industry bodies.
- Bank training in role as a programme manager.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.