Head, Project Management Office
The Project Management competency is a function within the IT Project Office of BOS IT O&T with the aim of improving the project governance, quality, and efficiency of IT projects delivery.
The Head PMO roles is to provide leadership and guidance to establish and facilitate the development and adoption of standardized IT processes in areas such as project management and end to end delivery execution. Also, to raise the project management and execution core competencies to a more disciplined maturity level in accordance with industry best practices.
He/ She will drive the culture of improving project maturity using periodic assessment of frameworks and models within the IT organization. Responsibilities:
- Developing and leading project/ program management office (PMO) to achieve better quality, consistency and oversight of projects across the organisation by developing and maintaining project management methodologies, standards and tools.
- Responsible to set up, maintain and continually improve the SDLC framework, creating and implementing SDLC policies, processes, procedures, templates, checklists within the department. Monitor compliance with policies and standards.
- Establish the PMO organisation structure, hiring & managing staffing requirements.
- Identify and study current internal processes and initiate implementation improvements to streamline the systems
- Run and manage Weekly Change Management Review forum to ensure quality of deployment/ delivery
- Maintain the projects Process Asset Library to nurture the project management practitioners and share knowledge of best practices & lessons learnt
- Establish Portfolio & Program governance and ensure adherence
- Single point of reference with Regulators, Group Audit and R&P for IT Project Office
- Resource & Timesheet Management
- Manage process change communication to relevant parties
- Manage teams BCP & DR Coordination; PDPA, RCSA Assessment, etc.
- Provide process consulting, training and mentoring
- Track & Provide project status reports, KRI Reports & Financial reports to Sr. Management on periodic basis
- Portfolio/ Project Financials tracking and provide management reports
- Plan & Execute Process Compliance Checks for Projects & CRs Report non-compliances to Management
- Facilitate the Project Manager and Project teams in understanding the Process requirements with respect to the process steps, documents to be prepared, metrics to be collected
- Perform PRADA assessment
- Review Key Deliverables (e.g., Project Plan, Closure reports, PSC Decks, etc.
- Manage Project Office Team site; Share point site; Intranet site
- Project Management tool administration (Clarity)
Note: The incumbent will be seconded to Bank of Singapore for assignments
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor's degree/ post graduate degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Required skills: Quality/SEPG Manager, CSQA/Six Sigma certified, PMP, Agile SCRUM or equal certification is preferable
- Total of 10 -15 years of experience; 5+ years of experience managing Project Management Office functions.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles and familiarity in different Software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Expert level knowledge of project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes, and approaches (e.g., Project & Portfolio management)
- Extensive experience in handling quality initiatives, implementation across the organization. Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Facilitation, negotiation, and problem resolution skills; ability to build a strong network and relationships with technology, solutions, Business user and vendor groups
- Knowledge of project & resource management tools.
- Team leadership & development: Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others. Pro-active person who is persistent in his/her approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver powerful presentations.
- Effective communication and stakeholder management.